Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Default Re: *****Harrisburg Rally, 5/9/19*****

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I'll definitely put up a Facebook event page ASAP as soon as there's more details from the organizers and assuming they don't already have plans for a Facebook page.

The one for yesterday's rally drove attendence.

I always felt we were slow to get news out about this rally so this thread is to try to drive earlier information.

I'm not even sure who the organizer is, we were just given the date in the Pittsburgh thread.
    LMK wen it goes live so I can start to share it around social media.

(Chester County)

Default Re: *****Harrisburg Rally, 5/6/19*****

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    If there's not already one made, I'm considering designing a flyer to hand out at local gun shops. If we all help and hit every county, could be a record turnout.
    In the past, FOAC has sent me as many really nice flyers as I needed to put in local gun shops.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsafety View Post
    In the past, FOAC has sent me as many really nice flyers as I needed to put in local gun shops.
    Great, when you get them,m post a good scan on here and I (we all should) will take to LGS and send them to my Rep/State Senator. I'm talk to a local pro-gun attorney (and almost a judge) here in York too, I'll make sure he gets some too.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(York County)

Just an idea with some forethought: although I love my Berncly Harrisburg rally shirt, and I really appreciate the effort that he puts into them, consider this: anytime there's a get together or a rally with outside groups, it's hard to identify or meet up with other PAFOA members, especially for new guys. A PAFOA baseball hat, that can be spotted from a distance, may lead to more social interactions and help unify our group when in mixed company. It can be used as an identifier at future rallies too, but remains unobtrusive for those that don't know what PAFOA stands for.

Something like a faded earthy brown or green carhartt material, or a camo pattern, with gold or yellow lettering, would be something most of us would wear on weekends anyway.

Finally, count me in too. Since I'm only 20 minutes from the Capitol, I'm thinking maybe we have a post Harrisburg lunch cookout at the farm, maybe an hour our two after the rally, giving people enough time to speak with their rep, retrieve a firearm, and regroup for a little social interaction befor hitting the road. I know it was nice to grab a quick meal with the group that parked at Lazy's in Pittsburgh on Monday. Thoughts?
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    Just an idea with some forethought: although I love my Berncly Harrisburg rally shirt, and I really appreciate the effort that he puts into them, consider this: anytime there's a get together or a rally with outside groups, it's hard to identify or meet up with other PAFOA members, especially for new guys. A PAFOA baseball hat, that can be spotted from a distance, may lead to more social interactions and help unify our group when in mixed company. It can be used as an identifier at future rallies too, but remains unobtrusive for those that don't know what PAFOA stands for.

Something like a faded earthy brown or green carhartt material, or a camo pattern, with gold or yellow lettering, would be something most of us would wear on weekends anyway.

Finally, count me in too. Since I'm only 20 minutes from the Capitol, I'm thinking maybe we have a post Harrisburg lunch cookout at the farm, maybe an hour our two after the rally, giving people enough time to speak with their rep, retrieve a firearm, and regroup for a little social interaction befor hitting the road. I know it was nice to grab a quick meal with the group that parked at Lazy's in Pittsburgh on Monday. Thoughts?

I like that idea. I would prefer something quality, and not a café press item. I'll reach out to admins and see if they would permit us doing something like that.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Berks County)

I have a friend who works in a small, family shop who can produce shirts, hats, coats, etc with print or embroidery who would be happy to work with us on putting stuff together. You can tell them that Matt referred you.

http://www.derstines.net/
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

I'd be in for one...and the BBQ!

I've even be up for a PAFOA patch (Black & White) for this cap. Patch and cap combo would probably be around $20.

https://gadsdenandculpeper.com/produ...ical-cap-black

Last edited by alpacaheat; January 9th, 2019 at 11:34 AM.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: *****Harrisburg Rally, 5/9/19*****

I'll definitely put up a Facebook event page ASAP as soon as there's more details from the organizers and assuming they don't already have plans for a Facebook page.

The one for yesterday's rally drove attendence.

I always felt we were slow to get news out about this rally so this thread is to try to drive earlier information.

I'm not even sure who the organizer is, we were just given the date in the Pittsburgh thread.
    The rule of thumb is to notify the forum by placing a banner at the top of the page about 4 days prior.

You young punks and your "new ideas" are going to ruin it for everyone.

AND you're gonna get another nasty voicemail.

(Allegheny County)

I like that idea. I would prefer something quality, and not a café press item. I'll reach out to admins and see if they would permit us doing something like that.
    Just don't use CustomInk.com - ever - for anything.

They are the ones who intentionally changed the spelling on our shirts last year from "Right to Bear Arms" to Right to Bare Arms".
    Someone thought there were being clever. Assholes.

Count me in. Let me know if you'd want help or donations to help make that happen.

Page 8 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast