Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 302
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    jersey shore, Pennsylvania
    (Lycoming County)
    Posts
    4,512
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: *****Harrisburg Rally, 5/9/19*****

    I'm still going in. We've met with reps before, last year was the worst one for catching them in their office. I'm going to email my reps in advance this time to see if they have time to meet in person. Both are pro, but it couldn't hurt to remind them of what the governor has in mind. I think it's important to go in and try. Pick random reps that are in if you see them. Follow them back from lunch.

    I'll OC a pistol as usual. I don't trust taking a rifle and locking it in the car to go in.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    1,219
    Rep Power
    13113885

    Default Re: *****Harrisburg Rally, 5/9/19*****

    I put the PTO in on my department's calendar. Barring unforeseen issues, I'll be there. Either with an AR pistol (might get it SBRd by then) or a G34, perhaps both.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    E-Town, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)
    Posts
    1,285
    Rep Power
    4691606

    Default Re: *****Harrisburg Rally, 5/9/19*****

    Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    I invited my State Rep and Senator already.

    My Rep was out of the office last year, although he's a huge 2A guy. Spoke to him in person last month and he said we need to get to the Capitol more often in groups...whenever they start acting on a gun bill, show up.
    They like to use the excuse that they didn't know about it. Year before last I went up and hand delivered a copy of the rally information to every office. I was tired by the end of the day LOL

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Mobile RV Unit
    Posts
    615
    Rep Power
    21474841

    Default Re: *****Harrisburg Rally, 5/9/19*****

    I plan to be there again too. I am prepared to be there in advance of that as well because I am pretty sure that the anti gun push is going to be starting in earnest before May. On my way back from Purgh yesterday on Route 22 I saw this big billboard "BAN ASSAULT WEAPONS. That is it. Could not see who exactly sponsored it but I saw the words "mad dog". I think it is this outfit.

    https://www.bustle.com/p/the-mad-dog...-there-8402972

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mill Hall, Pennsylvania
    (Clinton County)
    Age
    32
    Posts
    936
    Rep Power
    17029788

    Default Re: *****Harrisburg Rally, 5/9/19*****

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    I plan to be there again too. I am prepared to be there in advance of that as well because I am pretty sure that the anti gun push is going to be starting in earnest before May. On my way back from Purgh yesterday on Route 22 I saw this big billboard "BAN ASSAULT WEAPONS. That is it. Could not see who exactly sponsored it but I saw the words "mad dog". I think it is this outfit.

    https://www.bustle.com/p/the-mad-dog...-there-8402972
    This one? I saw it too and archived the dashcam footage. Sorry I couldn't get a better pic.
    Screenshot_20190108-121338_Video Player.jpg
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sterling, Pennsylvania
    (Wayne County)
    Posts
    4,951
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: *****Harrisburg Rally, 5/9/19*****

    I’ll still buy breakfast on the 6th. Hope for good weather and I’ll ride down on my bike with guns strapped on.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Montco, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    283
    Rep Power
    9089284

    Default Re: *****Harrisburg Rally, 5/6/19*****

    I just requested time off.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,920
    Rep Power
    21474843

    Default Re: *****Harrisburg Rally, 5/9/19*****

    Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    I'm still going in. We've met with reps before, last year was the worst one for catching them in their office. I'm going to email my reps in advance this time to see if they have time to meet in person. Both are pro, but it couldn't hurt to remind them of what the governor has in mind. I think it's important to go in and try. Pick random reps that are in if you see them. Follow them back from lunch.

    I'll OC a pistol as usual. I don't trust taking a rifle and locking it in the car to go in.
    moms who need action will be happy to see you again!

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    jersey shore, Pennsylvania
    (Lycoming County)
    Posts
    4,512
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: *****Harrisburg Rally, 5/9/19*****

    Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    moms who need action will be happy to see you again!
    I'm sure, we were so popular with them they had the Capitol police come talk to us.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    On top of a hill, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,508
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: *****Harrisburg Rally, 5/6/19*****

    I remember reading and seeing pictures last year that they had to deny people entry due to such a large turn out, how many people can fit inside?

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Harrisburg rally
    By Lion's Grip in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 12th, 2015, 09:58 AM
  2. 2A rally in Harrisburg 4/29. Who's going?
    By ray h in forum Franklin
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 4th, 2014, 02:13 PM
  3. Harrisburg 2A Rally Jan 23
    By blitzo in forum Erie
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: January 6th, 2013, 04:02 AM
  4. Anyone going to the rally in Harrisburg?
    By thatJeffguy in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 7th, 2009, 01:48 AM
  5. Harrisburg Pro-Gun Rally
    By RugerNiner in forum General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: November 11th, 2008, 08:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops