Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast
    (Fayette County)

Default Re: ***Pittsburgh City Council, 1/24/19, 1800 (6PM)***

Quote Originally Posted by VooDoo1VooDoo1 View Post
    Just curious if this is Don Gray? I watched the stream and was happy to see you represent. If this is Don, I worked with you for a bit at VM. The fun days at a start up, when we would bring in new guns to the office to show everybody what we just got! LOL.
    It was! And those were great times!!!

The company I work at now is a spitting image of VM back in the day. Even to the point that we have bring your gun to work day as well! Look me up on linked in!

(York County)

The woman speaking at the 1 hour mark, Brooke Nadolny (sp), has a great shirt, and I know she's got guts! She showed up by herself for the rally with a shotgun (she parked next to me in the garage). At first I had hesitated to pull my rifle out of my trunk when she first rolled in to avoid scaring her, but she was taking her time (most likely waiting for me to leave, a Mexican standoff). I was running late and couldn't wait any longer and opened the soft case. I think she was relieved to see the AR, knowing we were on the same team, and she uncovered her shotgun and shouldered it!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    The woman speaking at the 1 hour mark, Brooke Nadolny (sp), has a great shirt, and I know she's got guts! She showed up by herself for the rally with a shotgun (she parked next to me in the garage). At first I had hesitated to pull my rifle out of my trunk when she first rolled in to avoid scaring her, but she was taking her time (most likely waiting for me to leave, a Mexican standoff). I was running late and couldn't wait any longer and opened the soft case. I think she was relieved to see the AR, knowing we were on the same team, and she uncovered her shotgun and shouldered it!
    So...are we all invited to the wedding?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

The resolution passed - bipartisan support. I am not recommending this. I found it interesting though in light of the Pittsburgh plan to violate preemption laws. Those laws are good public policy. The action by the Grand Island, NY Town Council is symbolic, but if Wolf wants to repeal preemption, he has to consider that he may have to deal with local laws being a two way street.

NY is not all that different that PA in the sense that most of the State is pro-2A but the Democrat urban majorities in NYC and cities (not counties) like Buffalo, Rochester & Syracuse dictate the law for the whole state. The Constitution was supposed to be a brake on the tyranny of the majority, but the urbanites are content to kick that bedrock principle of a Constitutional Republic to the curb.

(Berks County)

Nice.

Here is a quote from Peduto's fakebook page posted last night.

Ok. Good Night. All I have to say is this. We have a real problem with urban homicides & mass murders. We must agree that doing nothing is not a solution. A solution must recognize Constitutional rights & the ultimate safety of people. It is solvable.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Nice.

Here is a quote from Peduto's fakebook page posted last night.
    Let the backpeddle begin.

(Allegheny County)

Amendments planned for Pittsburgh proposed gun restrictions
    https://triblive.com/local/allegheny...n-restrictions

Pittsburgh City Council got a feel this week for what people think about its proposed ban on certain semi-automatic weapons, ammunition and firearms accessories.

More than 100 people signed up to speak at a public hearing on the restrictions Thursday that went for hours.

So what’s next on the gun bill agenda?

Amendments

Councilman Corey O’Connor of Swisshelm Park, who sponsored the legislation along with Councilwoman Erika Strassburger of Squirrel Hill, said council would start talking about amending the bills so people understand the city is targeting only certain types of guns. Banned weapons would include assault rifles, semi-automatic pistols with large capacity magazines and those that can have a silencer or flash suppressor attached, and semi-automatic shotguns with revolving cylinders.

“We have to clear that language up,” O’Connor said. “It’s not all guns. We’re going to try to make amendments so that people know it’s not taking away their right to own a gun.”

Preliminary Vote

O’Connor said he expects the bills will come up for a preliminary vote during a standing committee meeting within the next few weeks. Council would vote on any proposed amendments at that time.

Final Vote

It could happen in February, but O’Connor said that depends on how quickly members can come together and craft amendments. Five other council members have joined O’Connor and Strassburger as co-sponsors of the legislation, and it is expected to pass.

Mayor’s signature

Legislation can pass with or without a mayor’s signature, but Mayor Bill Peduto, who supports the gun ban has said he would sign it.

Lawsuits and criminal charges

Gun advocates have vowed to challenge the ban in court, citing a Pennsylvania law that prohibits municipalities from regulating firearms. They’ve also promised to file private criminal complaints against council members and Peduto alleging a violation of that law should the bills pass.

O’Connor previously said council has legislative immunity and cannot be charged criminally. Peduto has declined to discuss legal strategy, but said the city would mount a stiff defense. He also said he would welcome criminal charges.

I’m confident that we have a decent case to make that will not only ultimately be able to uphold what we’re trying to do but also change the discussions in Harrisburg and Washington, “ the mayor recently told the Tribune-Review.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Amendments planned for Pittsburgh proposed gun restrictions
    https://triblive.com/local/allegheny...n-restrictions

Pittsburgh City Council got a feel this week for what people think about its proposed ban on certain semi-automatic weapons, ammunition and firearms accessories.

More than 100 people signed up to speak at a public hearing on the restrictions Thursday that went for hours.

So what’s next on the gun bill agenda?

Amendments

Councilman Corey O’Connor of Swisshelm Park, who sponsored the legislation along with Councilwoman Erika Strassburger of Squirrel Hill, said council would start talking about amending the bills so people understand the city is targeting only certain types of guns. Banned weapons would include assault rifles, semi-automatic pistols with large capacity magazines and those that can have a silencer or flash suppressor attached, and semi-automatic shotguns with revolving cylinders.

“We have to clear that language up,” O’Connor said. “It’s not all guns. We’re going to try to make amendments so that people know it’s not taking away their right to own a gun.”

Preliminary Vote

O’Connor said he expects the bills will come up for a preliminary vote during a standing committee meeting within the next few weeks. Council would vote on any proposed amendments at that time.

Final Vote

It could happen in February, but O’Connor said that depends on how quickly members can come together and craft amendments. Five other council members have joined O’Connor and Strassburger as co-sponsors of the legislation, and it is expected to pass.

Mayor’s signature

Legislation can pass with or without a mayor’s signature, but Mayor Bill Peduto, who supports the gun ban has said he would sign it.

Lawsuits and criminal charges

Gun advocates have vowed to challenge the ban in court, citing a Pennsylvania law that prohibits municipalities from regulating firearms. They’ve also promised to file private criminal complaints against council members and Peduto alleging a violation of that law should the bills pass.

O’Connor previously said council has legislative immunity and cannot be charged criminally. Peduto has declined to discuss legal strategy, but said the city would mount a stiff defense. He also said he would welcome criminal charges.

I’m confident that we have a decent case to make that will not only ultimately be able to uphold what we’re trying to do but also change the discussions in Harrisburg and Washington, “ the mayor recently told the Tribune-Review.
    Fuck them.
    Now they are actively trying to ban saftey devices that have never been used in the commission of a crime outside of Hollywood movies.

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Fuck them.
    Now they are actively trying to ban saftey devices that have never been used in the commission of a crime outside of Hollywood movies.
    Proverbial lipstick on a pig. None of this changes a damn thing. They are violating the law.

Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast