Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Default Re: ***Pittsburgh City Council, 1/24/19, 1800 (6PM)***

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Yup.
    Which is why Wolf is encouraging it.
    Which is what makes this abominable. A sitting governor is actually encouraging open lawlessness to be committed by public officials. That is as bad as it gets and at some point this message has to be delivered to Harrisburg.

(Allegheny County)

Can't the legislature censure the governor or something, at least symbolically? We can't have a governor going around encouraging people to break the law.

Quote Originally Posted by KJP442 View Post
    Can't the legislature censure the governor or something, at least symbolically? We can't have a governor going around encouraging people to break the law.
    I am planning to write and speak to my state rep and senator about this and ask that question.

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    I don't think they believe they have a legal case and I don't believe they will attempt to enforce these ordinances, once passed. I believe they are trying to form a coalition of local governments who will pass similar illegal ordinances, and to use that precedent to then lobby the state legislature to repeal preemption. I believe this is their play.

They want to be able to say: "we have laws on the books that could have prevented this, but the state won't let us enforce them."
    Contemplating show up even though six hours away. Just one of the reasons I went yesterday is that this proposed law would apply to visitors and those transiting through Pittsburgh. Get pulled over for any infraction in PBurgh on your way somewhere else with the banned stuff could get you arrested and charged and subject to whatever penalty the Pittsburgh law imposes. This action by Pittsburgh impacts everyone. For that reason, everyone has a stake in what they do and should have a voice at this hearing.

Does Council limit comments to Pittsburgh citizens only? Do they have to give you time or can they shut the hearing down when they feel like it (that is what the NJ Senate did to most of the pro-gun speakers who showed up at their hearing)?

For the legal beagles; does the Pittsburgh ordinance disqualify Pittsburgh citizens from exercising their rights under FOPA? The general rule is that you can travel from a place where your firearm is legal to a destination where it is legal. If it is not legal in Pittsburgh, forget about relying on FOPA should the need arise. (Think of being pulled over in MD on your way to use a with a semi auto somewhere in say VA or TX) or pulled over in NY, NJ, CT on your way to use a semi auto in Maine.

(Allegheny County)

Possibly comments may be limited to yinzburghers only. The 2 of yinz that own guns and still live in cshitty limits will have to have your shit together..
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

Yeah been trying to figure out who can speak.

At the last meeting, there didn't appear to be any restrictions, but you did state your name and where you're living.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Berks County)

If I was in there shoes I would restrict all comments and participation to residents only. I don't know if law requires that meetings be open to the general public but if not I'd restrict entry as well. As such, it's only reasonable that name and at least area of residence be provided.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    Possibly comments may be limited to yinzburghers only. The 2 of yinz that own guns and still live in cshitty limits will have to have your shit together..
    Why not limit comments to citizen members of cease fire and moms demand action as well?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Why not limit comments to citizen members of cease fire and moms demand action as well?
    Agree wholeheartedly.

That said and once again; given the centuries of leftist shit holing and taxation and anti-2A in yinzburgh, who in their right mind on the right still lives in cshitty limits?
    The cops just won the right to not have to live in the cshitty limits and so will join teachers and firemen living in the burbs. Mayor pudildo was not happy, but they own making yinzburgh into a new detroit.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Carbon County)

Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast