Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Re: [International] Confiscation order in France

The translation appears to be reasonably accurate. Disclaimer is my French is not as good as it used to be.

(Bucks County)

I think present, past and future context may be a little askew. I read it as saying the confiscation order is for a duration of six months, and at the end of that time, can be renewed. At the end of (potentially endless) six-months renewals, the gun(s) are to be returned. What would be the practical purpose of temporary confiscations lasting only six months. I think it is also missing what precipitated the order and its purpose.
    Last edited by Bang; January 8th, 2019 at 12:07 AM.

(Columbia County)

I think it's a hoax. If it was real the main stream media would have picked up on it by now. Maybe not CNN but Fox , the Drudge report.

(Beaver County)

Haven't heard anything on the BBC at night about confiscation either. And they did about a 5 min piece tonite about France and the riots and what they plan to do.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

It would be typical of government, whether it's true in this case or not.

Government responds to disasters by making the people more dependent on govt. After Katrina, they dealt with looters by going door to door and disarming old ladies. The govt doesn't see "good citizens" and "bad citizens", they just see the herd, and they don't want violence breaking out. Self-defense counts as "violence" to them. we're just fungible numbers to them, and they have a one-size-fits-all cookie-cutter solution to all of our problems. And it won't work, because it's the govt.

It's why I firmly believe that if society collapses, I would prefer that it happen overnight, before govt has a chance to "fix" things by seizing all guns and seizing all "hoarded" food and survival needs. Let the power grid go down everywhere all at once and let us defend our homes, let those with foresight survive while the idiots stare at their cell phones wondering where their friends went. Pretty much any disaster measures that I could see local government doing "for public safety" would make me less safe while being enablers of society's idiots and criminals. Anyone coming to my door with an armband and a clipboard to inventory "the community's resources" is not going to be welcome.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Strange how the French have always been the butt of jokes and the Brits were our proud allies.

These days, I wouldn't piss on a Brit if they were on fire, let alone "send them guns" to fight like we did in WWII and the French have shown more balls than most Americans and if I could send them a gun to resist with, I'd do it.
    Not always, EM.

Most of the military terms used in the US Army are not French by accident. Our manuals and training are French based. We both detested England at the time. The French were the other premier world military. The US was an upstart.

Nothing like hitting the latrine during bivouac. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    It would be typical of government, whether it's true in this case or not.

Government responds to disasters by making the people more dependent on govt. After Katrina, they dealt with looters by going door to door and disarming old ladies. The govt doesn't see "good citizens" and "bad citizens", they just see the herd, and they don't want violence breaking out. Self-defense counts as "violence" to them. we're just fungible numbers to them, and they have a one-size-fits-all cookie-cutter solution to all of our problems. And it won't work, because it's the govt.

It's why I firmly believe that if society collapses, I would prefer that it happen overnight, before govt has a chance to "fix" things by seizing all guns and seizing all "hoarded" food and survival needs. Let the power grid go down everywhere all at once and let us defend our homes, let those with foresight survive while the idiots stare at their cell phones wondering where their friends went. Pretty much any disaster measures that I could see local government doing "for public safety" would make me less safe while being enablers of society's idiots and criminals. Anyone coming to my door with an armband and a clipboard to inventory "the community's resources" is not going to be welcome.
    Not sure why but this caused me to picture a large independent group of Chicken Littles running randomly about screeching, "Too big to fail! Too big to fail!" Or some such.
    Last edited by TaePo; January 8th, 2019 at 03:28 AM.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Delaware County)

We may not hear news of certain things because information is being contained. The initial news of the protest was blocked from the UK for fear of it spreading at all.

(Bucks County)

Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    .....Government responds to disasters by making the people more dependent on govt. After Katrina, they dealt with looters by going door to door and disarming old ladies. The govt doesn't see "good citizens" and "bad citizens", they just see the herd, and they don't want violence breaking out. Self-defense counts as "violence" to them. we're just fungible numbers to them, and they have a one-size-fits-all cookie-cutter solution to all of our problems. And it won't work, because it's the govt.

It's why I firmly believe that if society collapses, I would prefer that it happen overnight, before govt has a chance to "fix" things by seizing all guns and seizing all "hoarded" food and survival needs. Let the power grid go down everywhere all at once and let us defend our homes, let those with foresight survive while the idiots stare at their cell phones wondering where their friends went. Pretty much any disaster measures that I could see local government doing "for public safety" would make me less safe while being enablers of society's idiots and criminals. Anyone coming to my door with an armband and a clipboard to inventory "the community's resources" is not going to be welcome. (end quote).
    I've been saying for some time now, (sad to say), our USA needs to see hard times, perhaps in the form of war on our soil, to get certain feet back on the ground.

To quote Mr Jefferson;

Extract from Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787

what country before ever existed a century & half without a rebellion? & what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms. the remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. what signify a few lives lost in a century or two? the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it’s natural manure.
    Last edited by GUNGUY45; January 8th, 2019 at 01:54 PM. Reason: added reference
    NEVER TRUST A PRIVATE WITH A LOADED WEAPON OR AN OFFICER WITH A MAP

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    I think it's a hoax. If it was real the main stream media would have picked up on it by now. Maybe not CNN but Fox , the Drudge report.
    Could be. Macron did recently announce new measures to crack down on protestors without mentioning this one. So, while the document may be a hoax, I cannot imagine that the French government is not planning on doing it even if they stop short.

The hoax aspect may be beneficial because it might give French gun owners time to make alternative arrangements to secure their arms.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast