Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Shooting advice

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Shooting advice

Quote Originally Posted by t1066 View Post
    Each phase is 30 shots worth a maximum of 60 points. 75% in each phase needed to pass. I got 58, and 55, for a total of 113, or 94%
    Very cool.
    Congrats.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by t1066 View Post
    Each phase is 30 shots worth a maximum of 60 points. 75% in each phase needed to pass. I got 58, and 55, for a total of 113, or 94%
    Congrats ! My qualification is April 7th.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Philadelphia County)

I am sure their is an NRA Beginner Class for Pistols in your area. Sign up, and let us know the results. Thank you for your post.
    First generation American by birth. Patriotic Veteran by choice.

(Berks County)

You’re dumping the gun. Your consistent. So it’s no all bad. You got sight alignment and trigger pull right. You admit to finch. Awesome. Denial does nothing for you. Your missing the other flinches. You unconditionally close your eyes. Can’t see the flinch with your eyes closed. Friend loads your mag or cylinder putting in a dummy here and their. See if they see any flinch you miss. How to stop it? First realize like hitting any ball you got to look it into the bat, club whatever. Same with the gun. Mentally live on the front sight. No stance. No trigger press. No grip crap. You are doing them. Now is front sight time. Only front sight. Nothing else matters. Not sight alignment. Front sight. Live there.

After that is mastered, down the road you will need to prove to yourself that you don’t need sights to score hits. That is a long way away, after your body has learned what to do. You’ll need a pusher. A teacher capable of pushing you through your self imposed limits. When you do, it will blow your mind. I envy the great ones that can bring it on every day like turning on a light switch.

Let’s just eliminate all vestiges of the flinch for now. And do be aware finch is as natural as breathing. We are born with it. Like the dr uses the little hammer on your knee. Shooting is all a head game in the end. And every so often going back over the basics so the body doesn’t forget what it already knows.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Chester County)

Practice shooting at further distances like 15 yards. When you stand too close to the target, you don’t notice as many mistakes you may be making with regards to trigger pull, sight alignment, and grip. The further away you stand the more any minor mistakes you make will stand out more so.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    Practice shooting at further distances like 15 yards. When you stand too close to the target, you don’t notice as many mistakes you may be making with regards to trigger pull, sight alignment, and grip. The further away you stand the more any minor mistakes you make will stand out more so.
    The qual I passed has targets out to 25 yards. That is the distance I've been practicing the most lately.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234