Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: PA Carry Laws

(Berks County)

Default PA Carry Laws

OK, the upcoming rally in Shittsburgh has brought some questions up for me...To my surprise the wife would have been up for the rally but I didn't realize it until just today so she won't be along but in the future that should change. So my understanding is that she is allowed to carry a long gun (except during a SOE) without a LTCF (maybe we'll get her one.) And same for a handgun. Now...would I be able to loan her one of my handguns once we got to a rally while she is without LTCF?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

Default Re: PA Carry Laws

WE are currently under a SoE until at least the 3rd week in March so the prohibition of 18 Pa CSA 6107 applies had she decided to go tomorrow.

§ 6107. Prohibited conduct during emergency.

(a) General rule.--No person shall carry a firearm upon the public streets or upon any public property during an emergency proclaimed by a State or municipal governmental executive unless that person is:

(1) Actively engaged in a defense of that person's life or property from peril or threat.

(2) Licensed to carry firearms under section 6109 (relating to licenses) or is exempt from licensing under section 6106(b) (relating to firearms not to be carried without a license).
    I believe you are correct in general and absent a SoE that she could be loaned a firearm (handgun/longarm) at a rally and carry open w/o an LTCF provided it was in Pa, you both were Pa residents at the time and she is not otherwise prohibited.
    Last edited by tl_3237; January 6th, 2019 at 03:29 PM.
    IANAL

(Montgomery County)

She's your wife, you can just "transfer" a pistol to her at any time, provided she is non-prohibited, no?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    She's your wife, you can just "transfer" a pistol to her at any time, provided she is non-prohibited, no?
    That sounds reasonable to me.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post
    WE are currently under a SoE until at least the 3rd week in March so the prohibition of 18 Pa CSA 6107 applies had she decided to go tomorrow.

I believe you are correct in general and absent a SoE that she could be loaned a firearm (handgun/longarm) at a rally and carry open w/o an LTCF provided it was in Pa, you both were Pa residents at the time and she is not otherwise prohibited.
    I believe you guys have this right, however, she is not permitted to conceal the weapon in any way and that includes getting into or onto a vehicle with it.

She would have to return the weapon to you before traveling.

Let me know what you guys think,

Kobsw

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by kobsw View Post
    I believe you guys have this right, however, she is not permitted to conceal the weapon in any way and that includes getting into or onto a vehicle with it.

She would have to return the weapon to you before traveling.

Let me know what you guys think,

Kobsw
    Those are my thoughts. What I question more than anything is if it's OK to just loan them to her while we were out at a rally on foot and get them back before we got back into the car.