Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default Re: ****PITTSBURGH RALLY 1/7/18 FINAL POOFA PLANNING THREAD****

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    What the hell does that have to do with protesting against an illegal city ordinance with a couple hundred like minded citizens. Are you gonna do background checks on everyone that's attending too? I'll save you the trouble, I've got several old speeding tickets, probably a weight violation ticket or two, an ard disposition from 20 years ago and a misdemeanor from even further back. Now everyone knows if they don't want to stand next to me.
    Thank for saying that so I didn't have to.

(Lycoming County)

I'm headed to bed. See y'all in the AM.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

You guys have a great rally tomorrow. Thanks to everyone that's traveling to Pittsburgh for this! I really wish I could meet up with you all, but I'm working a contract position, and an issue came up with a supplier, and I can't avoid traveling to a meeting in CA.

I really wanted to bring a video rig to film the thing, and put together a nice video of the event. I even bought some new gear to use for it, before I found out I couldn't go. I'm still willing to make a video with everyone's help. I set up a mailbox at Pitt2ARally@gmail.com If yinz could pass that email address around, if anybody wants to send me their raw video, I'll take it all and edit it down into a great little video. I'd love to hear about where people came in from, why they're there, what they're carrying, why they're interested about 2A rights, how stupid the ban is, whatever, just turn your cell phone on record, go B.S.with people, have a great time on video, and I can find the little golden nuggets of cool, engaging video and condense them down into something fun to watch. If you do talk to people, while the video is rolling, get a 5 or 10 second shot of their gun at the end. Turn the cameras on yourselves too. Shoot some video of you meeting up, at the garage, walking there, anything. Ham it up. Be passionate. Have fun. If a few dozen people could send a few clips each, it could be a kick-ass video. I'll get back on Thursday and can start editing then.

Did I also hear someone mention a livestream on YouTube? If so, I can download that and use it for material too. And any TV news reports I can find.

Seriously, I'd love to do this video since I can't be there myself, and I'll be eternally grateful if enough people would send me raw video to make this possible.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    You guys have a great rally tomorrow. Thanks to everyone that's traveling to Pittsburgh for this! I really wish I could meet up with you all, but I'm working a contract position, and an issue came up with a supplier, and I can't avoid traveling to a meeting in CA.

I really wanted to bring a video rig to film the thing, and put together a nice video of the event. I even bought some new gear to use for it, before I found out I couldn't go. I'm still willing to make a video with everyone's help. I set up a mailbox at Pitt2ARally@gmail.com If yinz could pass that email address around, if anybody wants to send me their raw video, I'll take it all and edit it down into a great little video. I'd love to hear about where people came in from, why they're there, what they're carrying, why they're interested about 2A rights, how stupid the ban is, whatever, just turn your cell phone on record, go B.S.with people, have a great time on video, and I can find the little golden nuggets of cool, engaging video and condense them down into something fun to watch. If you do talk to people, while the video is rolling, get a 5 or 10 second shot of their gun at the end. Turn the cameras on yourselves too. Shoot some video of you meeting up, at the garage, walking there, anything. Ham it up. Be passionate. Have fun. If a few dozen people could send a few clips each, it could be a kick-ass video. I'll get back on Thursday and can start editing then.

Did I also hear someone mention a livestream on YouTube? If so, I can download that and use it for material too. And any TV news reports I can find.

Seriously, I'd love to do this video since I can't be there myself, and I'll be eternally grateful if enough people would send me raw video to make this possible.
    I'm doing a live stream on my channel Scruff. Feel free to use any or all of it if you like. It's be posted here for anyone to watch.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    What the hell does that have to do with protesting against an illegal city ordinance with a couple hundred like minded citizens. Are you gonna do background checks on everyone that's attending too? I'll save you the trouble, I've got several old speeding tickets, probably a weight violation ticket or two, an ard disposition from 20 years ago and a misdemeanor from even further back. Now everyone knows if they don't want to stand next to me.

I'll stand with you: I still have an outstanding warrant from '93 in State College for parking on my lawn. I refused to pay it on principle. If the yinzer coppers want to pick me up for that one, I'll be impressed!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Lancaster County)

I'd like to come, but I don't think that you want to stand with the likes of me. I got detention twice in 11th grade. Once for not returning a book to the library before Christmas break and the other for studying for a test. I'd hate to sully this fine group with my reputation.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I'd like to come, but I don't think that you want to stand with the likes of me. I got detention twice in 11th grade. Once for not returning a book to the library before Christmas break and the other for studying for a test. I'd hate to sully this fine group with my reputation.
    I'd like to come too, but I'd be tempted to buy rifles on the street.

I'd like to come too, but I'd be tempted to buy rifles on the street.
    Lol. Never even crossed my mind. I can see the heads exploding now.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Lol. Never even crossed my mind. I can see the heads exploding now.
    Yeah, well, I'd like to beat the Wilkinsburg charge first, lol.

(Lancaster County)

Yeah, well, I'd like to beat the Wilkinsburg charge first, lol.
    Post the date of the hearing so we can show up outside OC'ing.

BTW, if you're representing yourself, make sure you talk about yourself in the third person. Judges love that shit.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast