Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock Gen 5

(Bucks County)

Default Glock Gen 5

Thinking about picking up a used Gen 5 G19 at some point this year....

Any feedback from those that shot them or have them. I have heard about the visible wear on the barrel and slide vs the older Glocks and the finish being a little smooth...

Comments are appreciated!

Default Re: Glock Gen 5

The Gen 5 Glocks have a few improvements over previous gens. The finger grooves have been eliminated, the barrel rifling is different & many say the trigger is better. If this is your first Glock then a Gen 5 Glock 19 is a good choice. If you already own a previous generation Glock, then maybe the improvements aren't really significant enough to run out & trade your old Glock in for a new one, unless of course you just feel like upgrading.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Bucks County)

Not trading anything, just figured is the increased accuracy from the barrel worth looking into...

(Bucks County)

I like the trigger. I don't like the strange semi circular cutout at the bottom front of the grip. It pinches my pinky at every shot. Not sure what the rationale is. I've heard: easier clearing of a stuck mag? If so, why optimize a vanishingly rare event at the cost of making every single shot miserable for many shooters?

Short term, I bought a couple of the Pearce baseplate which have a rounded piece to fill in the slot.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    I like the trigger. I don't like the strange semi circular cutout at the bottom front of the grip. It pinches my pinky at every shot. Not sure what the rationale is. I've heard: easier clearing of a stuck mag? If so, why optimize a vanishingly rare event at the cost of making every single shot miserable for many shooters?
    I've only held one and that cutout was annoying. Add the recoil of actually firing it and I can see it being worse.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pag23 View Post
    Not trading anything, just figured is the increased accuracy from the barrel worth looking into...
    I've always found the Gen 3 or Gen 4 G19 to be plenty accurate and doubt that there is a discernible increase in accuracy...

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyVet View Post
    I've always found the Gen 3 or Gen 4 G19 to be plenty accurate and doubt that there is a discernible increase in accuracy...
    When I was at Glock armorer course, the instructor said if you’re an average shooter then you won’t notice the accuracy increase, but if you’re a really good shooter then you may notice a slight amount of better accuracy.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

I recently got a Glock 45/9mm,accuracy appears to be a bit better as also the grip no finger grips.This probably why I like my Glock 19 2nd gen more than the Gen 3s and Gen 4s that I recently listed for sale .

(Berks County)

G45 here......I like the lack of finger grooves and as a lefty, the ambi slide stop. That being said...not going to upgrade my Gen 3s and Gen 4s.

(Elk County)

Every Gen 5 I have handled has exhibited a significantly better trigger pull. That includes probably five or six Glock 19 examples and three Glock 45 examples since last summer. I like them so much I bought two Gen5 19s and two 45s, the second G45 just yesterday at a dealer who had it priced $520 OTD.
    I too prefer no finger grooves, and the G45 is edging out the two Gen 2 G19s I have had since what seems like forever as my EDC. The G45 grip is longer than a G19's, but the G45 seems well balanced. Three of the Gen 5 Glocks have delivered slightly improved accuracy. I have not fired the newest G45 yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast