Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default NEW TOY!!!! FN Herstal FS2000....

just got this gun this past monday, lucked out and my FFL had one in stock.
    JIMMY(and you know who you are) got the first one he had.

quick rundown:
    oprics are a must.
    Eotech is a mite too high for comfortable use, as is the TA01NSN ACOG
    intersting gun, very handy and easy to use.
    havent shot it yet, but looks like fun.
    I parked an "Ultra-dot" brand Aimpoint clone on top for now, havent decided what the final optic would be on this, probably an Aimpoint M2, when i get the M3 for my M16...
    oddities I noticed:
    1. trigger group, including the hammer and disconnector, and trigger is PLASTIC...very hard polymer.
    2. gun comes apart in units, push the silvery button on the side, this results in a locking bar sliding out, then the whole barrel group comes out as a unit with the rail and all.
    3. ejection is on the very front part of the upper, and is vigorous, the unit launches empties out the front via a tube over the barrel, the mech is ingenious.
    4. chrome lined 1/7 twist barrel, actual length is 17", add the flash hider on to it, which has a small pin in place to keep it there.
    5. uses M16 mags, but does NOT take Orlites, Thermolds, betamags, or chinese drums. the drums need a longer tower. Mags do not drop free, but must be removed with a little force, this can be solved by removing the rubbery dust skirt in the mag well.
    6. trigger pull is odd, kinda stiff but not terriby spongy, like most bullpup designs, the safety and charging handle are perfectly placed, and the gun locks open similar to an HK Mp5 style setup. Like a lot of European designed weapons, there is no mag related bolt holdopen.

just a couple pics

and

Can't wait to go shoot it.
    looking for the factory sling, or factory tactical sling for it...and would love to have the factory style optic on it (probably impossible to get)
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Philadelphia County)

That's pretty sweet Jay.

It's such a unique looking gun, it seems as though FNH is the only company out there really trying to break the mold of standard gun design and see what else might work. The only other interesting gun I've seen coming out is the SCAR also from FNH (although it looks somewhat like a Sig 552 in style). No one else seems to be doing anything interesting. I mean the Sig 556 was a giant disappointment.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Bucks County)

Jay, That thing is space-aged looking, we'll be waiting for a report on how it handles...Mike45

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike45
    Jay, That thing is space-aged looking, we'll be waiting for a report on how it handles...Mike45
    It looks like it's out of Starship Troopers. Go kill you some bugs. I'm jealous. Enjoy it, I know I would.
    Mike(starblazer)
    USAF vet. NRA life member. GOA life member.

Looks like the AUG will have some serious competition with the FS2000. What else can a person ask for...uses AR mags and is very compact. That is one sweet looking piece of machinery.

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs up FN rifle.

That is an absolute beauty for an FN rifle, I'd like to own one too, does it chambered in 5.7 ?

(Montgomery County)

the p90 and PS90 are chambered in 5.7, this is full power 223/5.56 mm like the m16.

Saw a FS2000 at Tanners...they are expecting 125 more by the end of July. They had a great price of $1899 for it...as kewl as that rifle looks...I would spend the money on a complete AR15 and buy 2 extra uppers for the same price as the FS2000...don't get me wrong...I like FN a lot, but for the money I would buy a modular AR15 platform.

(Montgomery County)

I already have 4 AR15s, and an M16...its just something new:-)

besides, theres a recall already.
    weak firingpin spring that lets the gun slamfire with commercial 223 that does NOT use hard miltary primers.
    So, they replace a spring:-)

Have you shot it for groups yet? If so, what sort of accuracy are we talking about?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast