Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Kathy Martin, former Philly Acting DA

Kathy Martin is running as a Republican for DA in Wayne County, PA. She spent a significant portion of her career in the Philadelphia DA's office. She ran the office there after Seth Williams was forced out. Most recently, she has been serving in the Pike County DA's office. Is any one familiar with her performance, politics and positions? Has she always been a Republican?

DA positions are frequently a stepping stone to higher political office, so I am trying to learn what I can.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Kathy Martin, former Philly Acting DA

Only spoke to a few people, but no one remembers her prior to 2015 when she joined Seth’s Office.

Where did you get the info that she spent a significant portion of her career in the Philadelphia DA’s Office ?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Only spoke to a few people, but no one remembers her prior to 2015 when she joined Seth’s Office.

Where did you get the info that she spent a significant portion of her career in the Philadelphia DA’s Office ?
    Maybe her career was short and therefore a significant portion of that would be small.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

Doesn't say how long, but on her own site (around 4th section) she was acting DA. http://kathymartinforda.com/. I'm skeptical of anyone coming from Philly saying they're running as a Republican.
    Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Maybe her career was short and therefore a significant portion of that would be small.
    The more I read her campaign bio, the more I wonder how much of her career was actually spent in private practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Twospot View Post
    Doesn't say how long, but on her own site (around 4th section) she was acting DA. http://kathymartinforda.com/. I'm skeptical of anyone coming from Philly saying they're running as a Republican.
    That is one of my concerns. With our State Senator Lisa Baker recently starting to reveal her own anti-2A stripes, I am wondering if the Wayne County GOP is pushing another RINO. DA positions are usually stepping stones to higher political office, so Martin's positions on any number of issues are as important as her prosecutorial experience, if not more so.

Found this: https://billypenn.com/2017/06/29/set...ffice-for-now/

Thanks for checking. I am guilty of reading too much into her campaign material. She put a lot of emphasis on that experience. For starters, I would like to know if she was a Republican in 2015 under Seth Williams, or is she a more recently minted Republican.