Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Centre County)

Default Re: Pics denied me how do I get my gun rights back

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Sending in the Challenge Form should never be done without certainty. Most of the criminal prosecutions I've seen for "lying" have been for people who were denied, and then also sent in the Challenge Form. The Challenge Form tells you right near the signature line that any false statements ON THE CHALLENGE FORM are prosecutable as unsworn written statements.

Maybe they prosecute these folks because they have 2 criminal counts (the original FFL statements plus the Challenge). Whatever the reason, it seems to increase your risk of being prosecuted.

Do some work first, create documentation of your efforts to ascertain the truth. Maybe hire a lawyer to give you a legal opinion. You want evidence that you tried to provide the truth as best as you could find it, it's what I call "due diligence", and so far I've never approved anyone who was subsequently turned down or prosecuted.
    Phil,
    You are correct, I stated what I did because the OP did not say in his OP that he had been convicted of a corruption of a minor charge but it may just be the way he worded it that led me to think that. I agree he needs some legal help with finding out what actually happened 13 years ago and needs to do it quickly as the clock is ticking on the challenge time frame.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Indiana County)

Wouldn't his name show up on the unified court website?

(Schuylkill County)

This thread has seemed to have dried up. It would be interesting to know how stuff has worked out for the OP in terms of being able to get guns and if they've taken any steps to overturn the denial.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Guy View Post
    This thread has seemed to have dried up. It would be interesting to know how stuff has worked out for the OP in terms of being able to get guns and if they've taken any steps to overturn the denial.
    Most likely he has an attorney and was advised not to further discuss on a public forum It's a lot of waiting to get things like this cleared up (from experience). Most likely OP is just laying low till it's handled which is probably the best thing to do.

With all this "Prison reform" talk the restoration of All rights should be on the table. Especially for non violent offenders like OP.
    We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.-Benjamin Franklin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123