Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Re: Pics denied me how do I get my gun rights back

If you don't think you have done anything that would prohibit you from purchasing a firearm, do the challenge form. The PSP then has to do an investigation and they will have to either say that you are not prohibited and reverse the denial (and send you paperwork to show that) or they have to tell you the exact reason why you are prohibited if they are upholding the denial. If they uphold the denial then you can look into ways to reverse what you might have done.

Also, make sure you do what gunlawyer001 said above.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    Corruption of minors is a misdemeanor 1. Unless its has to do with truancy, One can't own , buy, handle a firearm with that charge. Once it's on your criminal record it's there for life. You might be violation already if you tried to buy a gun and failed the PICs. Talking to an attorney might be a good idea.
    I thought corruption of minors had to do with convictions that involved sexual offenses against minors which I believe is a felony not a misdemeanor.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Guy View Post
    I thought corruption of minors had to do with convictions that involved sexual offenses against minors which I believe is a felony not a misdemeanor.
    Read the statue

6301. Corruption of minors.
    (a) Offense defined.--
    (1) (i) Except as provided in subparagraph (ii), whoever, being of the age of 18 years and upwards, by any act corrupts or tends to corrupt the morals of any minor less than 18 years of age, or who aids, abets, entices or encourages any such minor in the commission of any crime, or who knowingly assists or encourages such minor in violating his or her parole or any order of court, commits a misdemeanor of the first degree.
    (ii) Whoever, being of the age of 18 years and upwards, by any course of conduct in violation of Chapter 31 (relating to sexual offenses) corrupts or tends to corrupt the morals of any minor less than 18 years of age, or who aids, abets, entices or encourages any such minor in the commission of an offense under Chapter 31 commits a felony of the third degree.
    (2) Any person who knowingly aids, abets, entices or encourages a minor younger than 18 years of age to commit truancy commits a summary offense. Any person who violates this paragraph within one year of the date of a first conviction under this section commits a misdemeanor of the third degree. A conviction under this paragraph shall not, however, constitute a prohibition under section 6105 (relating to persons not to possess, use, manufacture, control, sell or transfer firearms).

https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...tn=1&subsctn=0

(Berks County)

Seeing as a party was involved I figured for providing alcohol to a minor.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    Read the statue

6301. Corruption of minors.
    (a) Offense defined.--
    (1) (i) Except as provided in subparagraph (ii), whoever, being of the age of 18 years and upwards, by any act corrupts or tends to corrupt the morals of any minor less than 18 years of age, or who aids, abets, entices or encourages any such minor in the commission of any crime, or who knowingly assists or encourages such minor in violating his or her parole or any order of court, commits a misdemeanor of the first degree.
    (ii) Whoever, being of the age of 18 years and upwards, by any course of conduct in violation of Chapter 31 (relating to sexual offenses) corrupts or tends to corrupt the morals of any minor less than 18 years of age, or who aids, abets, entices or encourages any such minor in the commission of an offense under Chapter 31 commits a felony of the third degree.
    (2) Any person who knowingly aids, abets, entices or encourages a minor younger than 18 years of age to commit truancy commits a summary offense. Any person who violates this paragraph within one year of the date of a first conviction under this section commits a misdemeanor of the third degree. A conviction under this paragraph shall not, however, constitute a prohibition under section 6105 (relating to persons not to possess, use, manufacture, control, sell or transfer firearms).

https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...tn=1&subsctn=0
    I see, so as an example lets say somebody over 18 robs a store and they've got an accomplice who is under 18. The robber who is over 18 would be charged with corrupting a minor in addition to robbing the store.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Seeing as a party was involved I figured for providing alcohol to a minor.
    Yes although with alcohol you're a minor until you're 21 whereas "corrupting a minor" refers to corrupting people who are specifically under 18.

(Butler County)

It was for alcohol and honestly I didn't remember getting that charge. I thought it was something stating furnishing alcohol to minor which considering it was my residence I got in trouble. When I talked to the state police earlier they said as long as I didn't have an involuntary 302, felony or domestic violence conviction I shouldn't have a problem. I sent in the pics challenge. It was after that I got online looking up my record when I seen that. I honestly didn't remember getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    If you don't think you have done anything that would prohibit you from purchasing a firearm, do the challenge form. The PSP then has to do an investigation and they will have to either say that you are not prohibited and reverse the denial (and send you paperwork to show that) or they have to tell you the exact reason why you are prohibited if they are upholding the denial. If they uphold the denial then you can look into ways to reverse what you might have done.

Also, make sure you do what gunlawyer001 said above.
    Sending in the Challenge Form should never be done without certainty. Most of the criminal prosecutions I've seen for "lying" have been for people who were denied, and then also sent in the Challenge Form. The Challenge Form tells you right near the signature line that any false statements ON THE CHALLENGE FORM are prosecutable as unsworn written statements.

Maybe they prosecute these folks because they have 2 criminal counts (the original FFL statements plus the Challenge). Whatever the reason, it seems to increase your risk of being prosecuted.

Do some work first, create documentation of your efforts to ascertain the truth. Maybe hire a lawyer to give you a legal opinion. You want evidence that you tried to provide the truth as best as you could find it, it's what I call "due diligence", and so far I've never approved anyone who was subsequently turned down or prosecuted.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ebailey72282 View Post
    After talking to a trooper who informed if I wasn't ever charged with felonies or involuntarily committed to a mental institution I should be ok to purchase a firearm. Went to buy one today and the national database was ok but pics denied me. After reading the challenge paperwork I can only assume it's because of a party when I was younger and got corruption of minors do to a friend's brother. Now let's note that was 13 years ago. Any advice on what I need to do to get my rights back. I'd like to be able to go hunting with my son's.

I may have missed this but do you have any firearms or ammo in your home or anywhere else? That would be a bad thing until this is squared away.

Bob D

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by ebailey72282 View Post
    It was for alcohol and honestly I didn't remember getting that charge. I thought it was something stating furnishing alcohol to minor which considering it was my residence I got in trouble. When I talked to the state police earlier they said as long as I didn't have an involuntary 302, felony or domestic violence conviction I shouldn't have a problem. I sent in the pics challenge. It was after that I got online looking up my record when I seen that. I honestly didn't remember getting it.
    I thought that for anything that might prevent you from getting a firearm would only show up in a PICS check if it had been declared in court which means you would've had to have been not only charged but convicted too. I find this very unusual.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast