Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Carbon County)

Default Looking for hunting camp or lease

Hello all, I just got out of the Army after 13 yrs and just moved back here to PA (Chester County) and looking for a place to hunt. I figured I would just check into leasing or possible purchasing a place to hunt. If anyone has anything w/ in 3-4 hours of Chester county PLEASE give me a shout. Thanks

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Looking for hunting camp or lease

Quote Originally Posted by yellolab94 View Post
    Hello all, I just got out of the Army after 13 yrs and just moved back here to PA (Chester County) and looking for a place to hunt. I figured I would just check into leasing or possible purchasing a place to hunt. If anyone has anything w/ in 3-4 hours of Chester county PLEASE give me a shout. Thanks
    Welcome home and thanks for your service.

As for the leases... PA isn't big on them, probably due to the number of hunters and limited amount of land still available. You are going to be better off looking for public land more then likely.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Potter County)

Thanks for your service.. I live up tioga county full time .I can help you look up here if you want .not to many leases going on up here .There is alot off camps for sale up here .there one 40ac next to game land for sale for 130000.00 little cabin on it . Dont no much more if you want I can look into it for you . PM me if you want info .

(Carbon County)

I guess I got spoiled being stationed at Ft Drum in New York.....a ton of land to hunt. I had some real good hunts. I feel I might be alittle dissappointent. I don't want to spend alot...couple thousand and no more. I was just hoping to get a leased camp for about a grand. I have a crazy work schedule and I won't have to many days in the row off so I just wanted something I can go to here and there through the year. If you can keep your eye open I would appreciate it.
    Thanks for the thanks on the service.....I loved it and would still be in if I didn't get hurt.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by yellolab94 View Post
    I guess I got spoiled being stationed at Ft Drum in New York.....a ton of land to hunt. I had some real good hunts. I feel I might be alittle dissappointent. I don't want to spend alot...couple thousand and no more. I was just hoping to get a leased camp for about a grand. I have a crazy work schedule and I won't have to many days in the row off so I just wanted something I can go to here and there through the year. If you can keep your eye open I would appreciate it.
    Thanks for the thanks on the service.....I loved it and would still be in if I didn't get hurt.
    Your best bet may be to join a rod and gun club that has hunting land or hopefully find a farmer who will let you hunt, but those are getting rare, Most of PA (other then central) has gotten to the "its mine keep away" point due to the increase in people and reduction in land.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Lebanon County)

You might be able to purchase some land in Potter or the surrounding counties but unfortunately it is becoming harder to find land to purchase for the sake of hunting.

(Crawford County)

Hi Yellowlab, I am responding to you need of big farm lands and Good Hunting.
    I live in western Pa about 70 mile south of Erie.
    I don't know if that is too far for you, but I am in the process of starting a Bed & breakfast for hunters. Don't let the B&B thing scare ya, nothing fancy, but good food, a comfy bed and Big deer everywhere. I live to hunt and moved here for that reason.
    I am disabled and have my disability permit and can always use another able-bodied person to help drag...or fire up the truck to haul them all out.
    Anyway, the offer is here. Thousands of state game acers to hunt, private farms, and a legal redneck who can use the truck as a blind...don't get no better. A 40X32 garage to hang and butcher, heat while working and good food...let me know what ya think and please pass the word. My nephew will be retired from the AirForce by then and has a room booked with his favorite Aunt. He will have his 20 in end of the month. God bless all of you Vet's. You have my highest respect. Hope to hear back one way or the other.
    My home address is andiep@zoominternet.net is you would like to contact me directly.
    I always welcome another able-bodied person. God bless "n" shoot straight.
    Sincerly, Andrea.