Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Broward county deputy sheriffs to have carbines to protect schools

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    It's January 1, he has a lot of time to hear something much more dumber.
    listen to the mummers commentary, that statement will pale in comparison.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    The sheriff called them carbines. The Miami Herald called them 5.56 caliber rifles. Guess no one wants to say they will be relying on AR-15s.

Photo in the Herald sure looks like an AR-15 type to me.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...201442569.html
    Having "carbines" is all fine and dandy, but you still need to have Deputies that aren't afraid to go in and engage the shooter. Thus far, recent experience has shown us that the Broward County Sheriff's Office can't be relied upon to do that. Whenever I am in Broward and see one of their patrol cars pass I look upon them with no respect at all.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Wyoming County)

Are they Military surplus, maybe some old ARVN rifles? Never fired and only dropped once.

Sorry just watched Full Metal Jacket last night
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Bucks County)

I came across R. Lee Ermey on the Pentagon parking lot during a Rolling Thunder Ride to the Wall. He was a Victory rep, standing by one of a row of Victorys. We talked for a few minutes. Nice guy. RIP, Gunny.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Like Streaker said, it’s early. It only took us 20 minutes after midnight to record our first homicide.

Seriously though, I know there are lazy cops, I know there are coward cops, I know there are brutal cops, but I never heard of cops allowing more carnage for hopes of a higher body count and headlines.
    . So they didn't arrest the guy for domestic violence, getting kicked out of school, knowing he had guns while having psychological problems, were called over 20 times about him, even the FBI wanted him... exactly what DID they want to happen? They were expecting him to make movies for the Hallmark channel perhaps?

There isn't a single bit about that whole event that suggests anything other than they wanted it to happen.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    . So they didn't arrest the guy for domestic violence, getting kicked out of school, knowing he had guns while having psychological problems, were called over 20 times about him, even the FBI wanted him... exactly what DID they want to happen? They were expecting him to make movies for the Hallmark channel perhaps?

There isn't a single bit about that whole event that suggests anything other than they wanted it to happen.
    Sacrificial Lambs to promote gun restrictions, for the common good. Cops were told to stand-down if they got on-scene too early, before he had shot enough kids.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post

A combination of "Somebody Else's Problem" and "Hanlon's Razor".

I see a problem, call someone else about it, and suddenly it's somebody else's problem since I reported it up the chain. What, you expect me to followup on it? Why; it's not my problem anymore.

That whole f*cked up situation can be simply explained through incompetence and buck-passing, no malice needed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123