Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: PA State Police Handgun Purchaser Database - Violation of PA Law?

Quote Originally Posted by armabill View Post
    If the state form is not a registry and not used for anything, why fill it out and send it in?
    Because FFL's will lose their ability to use PICs if they do not send in the record of sale forms every two weeks, which means no more firearm transfers for that FFL.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    Because FFL's will lose their ability to use PICs if they do not send in the record of sale forms every two weeks, which means no more firearm transfers for that FFL.
    Ahhh yes , the difference between PA State law and PA State Police regs.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Berks County)

I have known that they have a record of sales for decades...my father had a friend, a gunsmith and gun collecting buddy that he hung out with and perused gun shows with. He also gave me my hunting course when I was of age (I think I was 12). Well...one of his kids sold his guns on the streets and one of them turned up used in a crime and traced back to him. It was not until that event that he even knew his gun collection was stolen by his son and sold. This was probably early '70's.
    Last edited by Walleye Hunter; December 31st, 2018 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Fix Typo
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Prior to PICS , dealers had prospective handgun purchasers fill out 3 or 4 page Application for Purchase and Record of Sale (post sale
    ) , usually with a 3-5 day waiting period in between. Many dealers were lax or lazy about mailing these in to the 1.PSP , 2.County Sheriff , 3.applicants local PDs , like they were supposed to. Rumors were many got put in the 'circular file' by the above agencies/officials too lazy to record them properly. I worked for 1 such dealer , and we got a 'do not deliver' reply after we already handed the gun over to the purchaser. The Post Office usually got the blame when such things happened.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Prior to PICS , dealers had prospective handgun purchasers fill out 3 or 4 page Application for Purchase and Record of Sale (post sale
    ) , usually with a 3-5 day waiting period in between. Many dealers were lax or lazy about mailing these in to the 1.PSP , 2.County Sheriff , 3.applicants local PDs , like they were supposed to. Rumors were many got put in the 'circular file' by the above agencies/officials too lazy to record them properly. I worked for 1 such dealer , and we got a 'do not deliver' reply after we already handed the gun over to the purchaser. The Post Office usually got the blame when such things happened.
    I remember that, if you had a LTCF you did not have to wait.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Washington County)

The PSP is running over a year behind on entering these forms into the "database". In Nov 2018 I was asked about a PA Application/Record of Sale Form (SP4-113) that we mailed to the PSP in May 2017.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    The PSP is running over a year behind on entering these forms into the "database". In Nov 2018 I was asked about a PA Application/Record of Sale Form (SP4-113) that we mailed to the PSP in May 2017.
    Sounds like a good excuse to raise the fees. They need bigger/better computers , more staff , etc.

(Beaver County)

close the 'different section' loop hole.

(Susquehanna County)

The record of sale is not illegal !!

Keeping the records beyond 72 hours - violates PA laws!~
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    If they use it like a registry to determine ownership (though incomplete), then it is a de facto registry which is exactly what the destruction requirement was meant to prevent!
    Agreed. Plus I've never seen a Certificate of Destruction provided by PSP regarding their paper copy or digital copy of the records, which tells me they(under color of law) are not following state law.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast