Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Blair County)

Cool Re: Costco North Wales - Open Carrier given the boot?

cosco got caught putting the bible in the fiction section so there not the most consecutive company

Default Re: Costco North Wales - Open Carrier given the boot?

I’m just seeing this thread now. The OCer at Costco was not me.

I’ve only once been given enough grief at an establishment that I left the premises. It was at the Metropolitan restaurant.

Vast majority of folks around here don’t even notice, or don’t care that much. I mostly talk about the 'issues' I have (weird or critical comments), but I do seem to get more positive comments than negative.

Truth is, there are quite a few NJ/NY visitors in this area, and many transplants from those states. Some, but not all, bring with them their communist views on armed citizens.

I have gotten some *very* positive comments in this area in the past (memorable ones: guy in a scooter pointed at my Colt .45 and said "I feel very safe seeing you here". Kid working the register looked at my Colt 1911, smiled, and said "wow, do I feel safe with that here". When that guy who murdered part of his family was running around Montco county, an older woman at Kohls saw my Ruger Superblackhawk and said she feels very safe seeing me armed while that killer was on the loose).
    Last edited by American1776; December 30th, 2018 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    I’m just seeing this thread now. The OCer at Costco was not me.

I’ve only once been given enough grief at an establishment that I left the premises. It was at the Metropolitan restaurant.

Vast majority of folks around here don’t even notice, or don’t care that much. I mostly talk about the 'issues' I have (weird or critical comments), but I do seem to get more positive comments than negative.

Truth is, there are quite a few NJ/NY visitors in this area, and many transplants from those states. Some, but not all, bring with them their communist views on armed citizens.

I have gotten some *very* positive comments in this area in the past (memorable ones: guy in a scooter pointed at my Colt .45 and said "I feel very safe seeing you here". Kid working the register looked at my Colt 1911, smiled, and said "wow, do I feel safe with that here". When that guy who murdered part of his family was running around Montco county, an older woman at Kohls saw my Ruger Superblackhawk and said she feels very safe seeing me armed while that killer was on the loose).
    That is the kind of reaction you will generally get from "normal" people.

(Carbon County)

Personal Firearms/Guns in Costco Stores

Costco Wholesale is a membership-only warehouse club. It is not open to the general public. It restricts membership to a limited group of qualified individuals who agree to membership conditions.

We have the right and the obligation to our members, to enact and enforce membership rules.

The Member Service Employees at the exit doors are obliged to follow these rules.

By obtaining a Costco membership card, our members agree to comply with the Membership Rules and the Privileges and Conditions of membership.

Costco does not believe that it is necessary for firearms to be brought into its warehouse stores, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers.

For the protection of all our members and employees, we feel this is a reasonable and prudent precaution to ensure a pleasant shopping experience and safe workplace.

Our policy is meant to protect our members and employees in all warehouses around the world.

This is not a new policy and we do not customize the policy for each individual city/county/state/country where we do business.

Our primary goal at Costco Wholesale is to keep our members happy.

If you believe that our policy restricting members from bringing firearms into our warehouse stores is either unfair or excessively burdensome, or you cannot agree to abide by this policy, or you are dissatisfied for any other reason, Costco will promptly refund your annual membership fee in full.

Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quixote View Post
    So, I was in Costco in North Wales hen a noticed a guy open carrying a 1911. He was happily eating a pizza while standing near an unused checkout line. I was pretty surprised to see him OC since it is unusual in this stretch of PA. I walked by him when I saw a Costco employee approach him and say something that sounded like “blah blah blah not allowed, blah, blah” and point to the door.

OC guy looked around, and said something that i could not hear and he walked out.

Was that a POOFER?

I doubt anyone but me noticed anything going on. Even my wife who sees everything missed it.
    I'm sure it's been mentioned, but Costco is anti gun. That's why I CC there.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Bucks County)

Isn't it wonderful to have so much power over other people, all based on the illusion of a money-saving paradigm.

A felon may not open carry or concealed carry. Can that be assuredly said of all customers?

Must be a wonderful feeling, too , to work in such a safe (ah-hahahahahaha) place.

(Bucks County)

Shopping at the North Wales Costco is akin to shopping in a 3rd world country. I stopped purchasing there years ago after dealing with crowds of rude and ignorant "members." On the other hand, if you've never visited in-person and want a realistic, sub-continent experience then North Wales Costco is the place to be.

YMMV

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by BobFromBucks View Post
    Shopping at the North Wales Costco is akin to shopping in a 3rd world country. I stopped purchasing there years ago after dealing with crowds of rude and ignorant "members." On the other hand, if you've never visited in-person and want a realistic, sub-continent experience then North Wales Costco is the place to be.

YMMV
    The one in Glen Mills is nice. The one in KoP not so much.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Quote Originally Posted by BobFromBucks View Post

YMMV
    I often refer to the NW Costco as shoppin at ''the UN''.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Erie County)

I'm there once every couple of weeks. Never seen an oc-er in the place.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast