Well guys, I like to be sure and pass the word when someone has gone above and beyond.

Last weekend, I stopped at Claytons to look around. I had been thinking about getting a 22 rifle and settled on an inexpensive Savage Mark II. I took it to the range and it was shooting slightly high...but very much to the right. Long story short...some folks/friends suggested a scope and ditching the iron sights. I just have a hard time putting more $ into an inexpensive rifle.

I took it over to Claytons and they thought the front sight needed to be adjusted and offered to have their gunsmith take a look. They called me today, and told me that it has to go back to Savage as it has issues that cannot be adjusted out. Something about the way it's mounted in the stock, if I understand correctly. Apparently, they'd seen it before in this model. (I'm not badmouthing Savage rifles...)

Anyhow, they offered to give me 100% credit on what I paid for the Savage towards another rifle...even if they need to order it. I wound up bringing home a Henry Golden Boy .22.

Just passing the word on great service with this transaction.