Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Re: NRA is up for renewal 2019 yea or nay?

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    For all of you not renewing, one question.
    What are the benefits to having a weaker NRA?
    I think we would have been better off if the NRA never existed. These issues could have been resolved decades ago as the founders intended. Instead you are paying protection money for a right that was literally designed to be the protection for your rights.

What have you been getting for your money? Compromise? Delaying the inevitable?

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    For all of you not renewing, one question.
    What are the benefits to having a weaker NRA?
    To what benefit are they being stronger if they trumpet certain things to get money from us and then run and hide when the rubber meets the road. IMO the Hearing Protection Act and the concealed carry legislation they basically washed their hands of and did squat in terms of lobbying. I remember they talked both things up in American Rifleman but once the legislation was actually introduced they found the nearest foxhole they could hide in.

I'd rather support another organization that supports what I believe in. It's no different to any organization, political party, business, club, etc. If I'm not getting value for my money, then my money and time goes elsewhere to something else.

Human beings crave conformity and compliance, it adds a degree of comfort and security in the blue pilled fog they exist in. You'll find this conformity and compliance in every aspect of society and I find most people would rather ignore truth and facts in favor of compliance and conformity with the Borg or Matrix. It doesn't surprise me to find people trying these emotional manipulation and shaming tactics that we should just support the NRA just because.

Why don't you give me money and hope I have your back when you need it. nra is not getting another dime from me. Their "leadership" sucks and they could care less about 2A rights. I'll back other organizations that actually will file suit against the bump stock ban that the nra recommended.

Don't worry the nra will be calling it's base asking for more money as they sit back and do nothing to further our 2A rights.

I'll never tell someone how to spend their hard earn money. I just know I don't want someone to lecture me for not supporting such a shitty organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshift View Post
    Re-upped with NRA and just hope they have have our backs. They're not against us for crying out loud.

(Washington County)

I have been a life member of the NRA since 1975 and have never been more disappointed with them. First off by giving the nod to the ATF to redefine the meaning of what a machinegun is it gives them the means to redefine a semi as a machinegun. The idea that the NRA is playing 3D chess is a bunch of BS. I have defended the NRA numerous times, but this is the end. I have talked to member services three times about their Bump Stock Ban and their support of Trump a person that had called for the banning of assault weapons several times in the past. Member services basically told me knew better than me. In the past I have donated to the NRA-ILA many times when there was an issue that needed attention. I will now be giving that money to another group that really supports gun owners.

By the way I am a Life Member NRA
    5 year member SAF
    yearly member Goa
    yearly member Foac
    yearly member WVCDL because I live only 7 miles from WV
    When I lived in NJ I was a member of the NJ Federation of Sportsmen for 10 years.

One thing I forgot to mention is I was diagnosed with Colon cancer this Sept. and will not be able to donate as much money as I have in the past.
    Last edited by BobGun; January 3rd, 2019 at 10:31 PM.

(Lancaster County)

This is a good and constructive debate we have going on here, but I do not mind supporting a group (although not perfect as also our POTUS) but they are very near the top of the food chain of groups that makes liberal heads explode and froth at the mouth. This is reason enough for my support

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRecon View Post
    This is a good and constructive debate we have going on here, but I do not mind supporting a group (although not perfect as also our POTUS) but they are very near the top of the food chain of groups that makes liberal heads explode and froth at the mouth. This is reason enough for my support

AMEN

Who else is going to help us that is relevant? All other 2A rights organizations are so small that politicians could give a shit if they have their support. They have pissed me off quite a few times but they still do a lot of good things. I can't imagine where we would be without them.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Lancaster County)

I make a point to comment on the NRA postings on social media about what they have done for the folks in NJ.

Always crickets.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    Who else is going to help us that is relevant? All other 2A rights organizations are so small that politicians could give a shit if they have their support. They have pissed me off quite a few times but they still do a lot of good things. I can't imagine where we would be without them.
    Remember how for many years we used to plod along at 55 mph and then later another bill changed it to 65 mph?

I can't remember the guys name, but he had a lobbying organization set up in Washington DC and funded by donations, him and another guy worked full time lobbying in the 1990's for a repeal of the national speed limit and to send the power back to the states to adjust speeds to what suited them locally. And they got it done, in 1995 I believe.

So it's no much about how big you are but actually what you do.

Why is this even a question?

Every gun owner should be a member of both the NRA and GOA. There is no perfect organization. Get over it.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast