Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Worst Gun Product Ever?

I nominate aluminum black by Birchwood Casey. It pains me to do so because their super blue is amazing and I've done 2 Mossberg barrels, bolts, magazine tubes and tonight my 92FS slide with it this month alone. With aluminum black though, I thoroughly degrease, I apply it from a squirt bottle, apply it with a swab, it makes no difference. The result with aluminum black is trash every time and I say that having bought 5 bottles of it since December. I kept thinking "there's no way this is THIS bad. It has to be my fault" and bought more. Nope. It wasn't me.

Default Re: Worst Gun Product Ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    I nominate aluminum black by Birchwood Casey. It pains me to do so because their super blue is amazing and I've done 2 Mossberg barrels, bolts, magazine tubes and tonight my 92FS slide with it this month alone. With aluminum black though, I thoroughly degrease, I apply it from a squirt bottle, apply it with a swab, it makes no difference. The result with aluminum black is trash every time and I say that having bought 5 bottles of it since December. I kept thinking "there's no way this is THIS bad. It has to be my fault" and bought more. Nope. It wasn't me.
    You are not going to get an anodized finish over a large area or fill in a deep scratch like paint, it's for making small light dings and scratches invisible. Works perfect for that and it is permanent. It's not exactly the same color like the black dye when anodizing aluminum, that is a big process. It's just for touch up. It's way better then paint and ink because it actually turns the aluminum black, it won't come off. I use it all the time. It's good to have around when building AR15s to touch up little scratches around roll pins and stuff.
    Last edited by :-); January 18th, 2019 at 01:48 AM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by :-) View Post
    You are not going to get an anodized finish over a large area or fill in a deep scratch like paint, it's for making small light dings and scratches invisible. Works perfect for that and it is permanent. It's not exactly the same color like the black dye when anodizing aluminum, that is a big process. It's just for touch up. It's way better then paint and ink because it actually turns the aluminum black, it won't come off. I use it all the time. It's good to have around when building AR15s to touch up little scratches around roll pins and stuff.
    It only turns some alloys black. Mossberg 500 receivers are not those alloys. Left a pit in mine. It lives forever in my "shit" category along with all cold blues. I’m looking into anodizing as it doesn’t look very hard or expensive for the hobbyists.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Glocks.

Really though, how about the Gatchet. Turns your gun into a hatchet for when it's empty, or want to kill the intruder quietly. Oh look, they fit Glocks!

http://www.dudeiwantthat.com/gear/we...-axe-heads.asp

Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Franklin County)

Not much better or worse than a bayonet.

(Chester County)

The "HandiWracker": looks like a blue ice-cream sammich and takes the masculinity out of clearing a stove-pipe, putting your first round into the pipe on a 1911, etc. Can't imagine you getting any positive reinforcement from your gun buddies once you pull this out of your shooting kit.

What ever happened to just pressing the slide release lever or pulling back the slide???

I suppose it does keep you from breaking a nail...

HandiRacker.jpg
    Last edited by bamboomaster; January 19th, 2019 at 04:29 PM.
    - bamboomaster

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    The "HandiWracker": looks like a blue ice-cream sammich and takes the masculinity out of clearing a stove-pipe, putting your first round into the pipe on a 1911, etc. Can't imagine you getting any positive reinforcement from your gun buddies once you pull this out of your shooting kit.

What ever happened to just pressing the slide release lever or pulling back the slide???

I suppose it does keep you from breaking a nail...

HandiRacker.jpg
    That's a good product for someone with a bum hand or severe arthritis by the looks of it

(Bucks County)

Bump stocks
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Lancaster County)

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    That's a good product for someone with a bum hand or severe arthritis by the looks of it
    It is.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast