Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: NRA is up for renewal 2019 yea or nay?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Didn’t look. Is a progressive liberal one world website. Literally like looking for truth in a turd.
    It simply related the amount of money the NRA has spent for a particular time period. Where they gathered the information from is unknown to me.

(Wyoming County)

Everybody blames the nra for the bumpstock ban, a lot of people if they aren’t complaining about nra asking for money are saying how they aren’t as effective as some other gun rights lobbyists. How can it be both ways? Why didn’t nagar or goa or any other gun group stop the ban? Republicans own 3 branches, 2A is a plank in the party agenda, why didn’t they stop it?

So there it is. Going to rallies don’t work. Membership to gun right groups doesn’t work. Voting doesn’t work.

The only advice I have for you is to live your character. Be whom ever it is you believe you are.
    You lost me.
    Why didn't GOA stop the ban? Ummm they along with FPF have filed law suits to do just that. No other Republican has stopped it because it's being done at the whim of 1 man- Trump, on the advice of 2 other's namely Wayne Lapierre & Chris Cox.

Republican's own 3 branches- I think you've been listening to Ocasio-Cortez a little too much. Republican's control the House & the Senate but this isn't being done via legislation so they don't get a say.

It's a free country, kind of sort of, but the NRA will not see another penny from me until Wayne Lapierre and Chris Cox are gone.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    As an endowment member, I sympathize with your dilemma. I can ignore them for right now without consequence.

If it were me, since you have 5 years in, I'd renew. The only way we'll right the ship is if enough of us get angry and start voting. If you let your membership lapse, you have no voice. I believe the leadership is of the same swampy material as are most DC insiders. They need to be drained and replaced with fighters that aren't worried about creating their own personal fortunes.
    As a Sandy Hook life member, I agree. Renew with a discount so you can help maintain the no compromise 2A voting block. But they haven't earned your money, so maybe kick the remaining cash to GOA or FOAC instead.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Washington County)

The NRA literally met with the president and called for ATF to reclassify bumpfire stocks as machine guns, and still people will wail that 'they're the best we have got', like a battered wife who stays with her abuser. NRA can wither and die. They don't give a shit about rights, just money. Give to GOA instead.

ETA: Edited to remove unnecessary blanket insult.
    Last edited by marinville; December 28th, 2018 at 12:21 AM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    You lost me.
    Why didn't GOA stop the ban? Ummm they along with FPF have filed law suits to do just that. No other Republican has stopped it because it's being done at the whim of 1 man- Trump, on the advice of 2 other's namely Wayne Lapierre & Chris Cox.

Republican's own 3 branches- I think you've been listening to Ocasio-Cortez a little too much. Republican's control the House & the Senate but this isn't being done via legislation so they don't get a say.

It's a free country, kind of sort of, but the NRA will not see another penny from me until Wayne Lapierre and Chris Cox are gone.
    Republicans control the executive, the legislative and now with Kavanaugh the judicial so where do you get off?

Congress abdicating it’s responsibilities to legislate in favor of letting unelected bureaucrats create law doesn’t relive them of their responsibility. It’s cowardice.

Your saying the nra let the ban happen but the others couldn’t stop it and can only try it in the courts with people that have standing. You just made the case that the nra has the most power and instead of trying to steer it you want to bail out.

It’s only a free country as long as we have the bill of rights and an enforced constitution (first and second are the guardians of the rest)

Keep your penny I really don’t care, live your life to your standards.

Trump doesn’t run the atf. The atf like all government is filled with progressives. I believe he is giving them enough rope. We shall see.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Allegheny County)

I haven't renewed in 2 years.
    Initially because "money", but more recently because of the bump stock capitulation.

No, it was more than capitulation - it was a blatant and vocal call to have them "regulated".
    The NRA... the fucking NRA said they should be regulated like machineguns.

The only way they are going to start acting on our behalf is when they see the dollars not coming in.
    I'm not so much advocating shunning the NRA as much as I'm stating the obvious.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I haven't renewed in 2 years.
    Initially because "money", but more recently because of the bump stock capitulation.

No, it was more than capitulation - it was a blatant and vocal call to have them "regulated".
    The NRA... the fucking NRA said they should be regulated like machineguns.

The only way they are going to start acting on our behalf is when they see the dollars not coming in.
    I'm not so much advocating shunning the NRA as much as I'm stating the obvious.
    I believe they threw an abortion of a reg out there to distract the pitchforks and torches from an all semi-autos ban, figuring it will die under legal scrutiny while appeasing the uniformed msm consumers. Time will tell.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Wyoming County)

Trump doesn’t run the atf. The atf like all government is filled with progressives. I believe he is giving them enough rope. We shall see.
    Trump most certainly does run the ATF through the DOJ. He directed AG Sessions to redefine machine gun and it got done. If the ATF is full of these progressives why didn't Obama ban the Bumpstocks?

NRA's Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox Issue Joint Statement

the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law. The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations.
    https://home.nra.org/joint-statement
    Last edited by ExFlyinguy; December 28th, 2018 at 01:25 AM.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Allegheny County)

Reading that again just pisses me off even more.

I am an endowment member. I have often defended the NRA over the last few years but their whole approach on the bump stocks has pissed me off.

If I was a yearly member....... yes I would still send them money. As much as I am pissed at them right now, I think overall the firearm landscape would be much worse than it is now if they did not exist. As you said.... there is something to be said for numbers. I think the NRA was a big reason Trump got elected. I am not happy with Trump over what I see as an abuse of power to ban bump stocks. I do not think the decision was some form of nth degree chess to get stuff before the Supreme Court so they could say that bump stocks and other things are legal. But I do think we would be a lot worse off with Hillary in charge right now and the NRA spending 30-50 million to get Trump elected was worth it.

Sometimes we are faced with tough choices. Running from the choices because neither seems palpable is not the way to go imo. Sometimes you have to make the tough choice in life.

The above being said, being an endowment member, I will not send them anymore money unless I see them not advocating giving away any gun rights what so ever. I see other groups fighting the fights I want to see right now..... and they will get my money moving forward.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast