Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Wyoming County)

Default Re: Failure to Feed - Sig P229 .40sw

229 arrived back home.

Work order says they polished the feed ramp and shot 60 various ammo types without failure.

Loaded up 2 mags of FMJ and Sig V Crown Hp and went out to backyard. First round chambered and mags emptied as they should.

Very pleased!

Any holster recommendations? I usually carry a Glock 27 OWB in a Blackhawk Serpa. Wondering how well these double stacks might feel IWB?

"It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

When I carried a 229 it was in a Crossbreed Quick Clip. It's called something else now but it is basically a Crossbreed with 1 clip not 2.

If you want to CCW with a weapon light I would recommend KT Mech, but even with the KT Mech I still use my Crossbreed mag carrier

(Chester County)

Glad to hear they fixed it for you. I'd run a lot more ammo through it to make sure it will be consistent. I don't know about IWB for a doublestack. My jeans are pretty darn tight after I put my Nano inside my waistband and the Nano is nowhere near the width of the 229. I use a plain kydex holster that is very thin. That's one of the drawbacks of IWB. You have to have pants with a waistband that you can fit the holster in and still be able to breathe. I carry at about 3:30 - 4:00 o'clock so I can get the holster inside the waistband and have good access and control of the gun while doing my everyday business. I tried the appendix carry but bending over just to tie my shoes was a pretty uncomfortable thing. Getting in and out of my low riding Grand Marquis was impossible.

Two other things to consider when looking for an IWB holster. Make sure it has an extension of material that covers the slide and sits up against your skin protecting the gun from your perspiration and that it has protection over the magazine release so that while moving around your body or clothes can't inadvertently put pressure on the release and release the magazine at an inopportune time. I noticed the magazine release thing when using a leather IWB while riding my motorcycle and switched to a kydex holster. I felt the magazine come loose while riding but luckily it stayed in the well and didn't drop onto the road.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    229 arrived back home.

Work order says they polished the feed ramp and shot 60 various ammo types without failure.

Loaded up 2 mags of FMJ and Sig V Crown Hp and went out to backyard. First round chambered and mags emptied as they should.

Very pleased!

Any holster recommendations? I usually carry a Glock 27 OWB in a Blackhawk Serpa. Wondering how well these double stacks might feel IWB?

Try BlueLineLLC...in my opinion a very good Kydex holster. I have one that doesn't print hardly at all and he is a LEO as well.

Galco V hawk. Most comfortable IWB ever.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234