Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Who had the Advantage, Who was more Aware?

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    I was in a Wal Mart in Louisiana couple of weeks ago and I went up to the Deli to get some fried chicken. At the counter waiting to order was a man in his early 40's with his pistol openly displayed on his hip (which of course I noticed right away). I was also carrying my sidearm, but since mine was concealed in my pocket, he had no idea I was even armed. So to those here who advocate open carry, please tell me who was more aware of what the situation actually was, and had I been a bad guy intent on harm, who had the advantage? Now be honest!
    Bet you never noticed the guy behind you O/Cing and watching iyou and the other guy O/cing ?Situational Awareness my friend !

(Monroe County)

I really have no problem with OC if the person chooses to do so, but based on what I saw that day the advantage lies with the CC person. Sorry I got your panties all twisted up.
    Again based upon assumption, advantage is a tricky thing sometime it bites you in the ass. And yes you do seem to have a problem with OC in your first post.

You give humans in general too much credit, most are totally oblivious to what is going on around them let alone notice a gun unless it's in their face or the person is creepy looking. Gun guys are like car guys in that they know what to look for and where to look. If you present yourself as a target you'll be a target whether or not you oc/cc

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Bet you never noticed the guy behind you O/Cing and watching iyou and the other guy O/cing ?Situational Awareness my friend !
    There was no one else around. A few old ladies about 30 feet over looking at some produce and some folks in the checkout line looking to exit the store, that is all I saw besides the guy with the gun.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Monroe County)

Oh really? Let's see, my hand is on the weapon from the get go, I flick off the safety pull it out and I am ready to go. Yeah, that's pretty useless.
    well ok...you walk around staring at people keeping your hand in your pocket on your weapon all the time flicking the old safety on and off? Hope it doesn't go off prematurely.

and yea the avg thug will go after the OC guy first WTF ever...
    Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; December 21st, 2018 at 11:31 AM.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    No i don’t play pretend in my head. I do dry fire practice 3 to 4 days a week and practice my draw and presentation from the 1, and 3 o’clock position both of which give a true advantage if you care about speed and fluid movements with as little obstruction in your way as possible.
    Classroom instruction which basically deals with the mind is of equal value. When my wife started driving a truck with me we used to discuss the various things that could happen on the road and the appropriate response form the driver. The first time she went into a jackknife she knew exactly how to respond because we had discussed this scenario and what to do was already floating around in her head. So you are saying that the same thing does not apply to firearms?
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Washington County)

I didn't feel the need to strike up a conversation with the man, just like I didn't need to strike up a conversation with the person in front of me the last time I was ordering chicken. What did you want me to say "Hey buddy, that's a fancy shooting iron you got there"? I noticed he was carrying openly and that was that, I had no intention of taking his gun but if I had I would have had the advantage. It only made me think of the open carry/concealed carry debates I have seen on these pages and reinforced my opinion that the person who carries concealed has the edge. You have your opinion about the issue and I have mine.
    Maybe you just thought you had the advantage, which puts you at a disadvantage. Maybe he saw you looking at him funny and assessed you as a threat, maybe you just looked shady to him, maybe he saw your gun print or saw you adjust your clothes to shift its weight, and on and on and on. You shouldn't assume that everyone else is oblivious.

If you know he is armed, and he knows you know, but he knows you are armed, and you don't know that, do you still have the advantage?

(Lehigh County)

--ET

(Washington County)

Oh really? Let's see, my hand is on the weapon from the get go, I flick off the safety pull it out and I am ready to go. Yeah, that's pretty useless.
    Nobody would ever suspect that the guy with his hand jammed deep in his pocket has a gun.

(Monroe County)

IBTL, this thread will not end well, just another pointless argument against free choice. I am guessing to much TV or movies leads to these scenarios.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast