Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Who had the Advantage, Who was more Aware?

Who the hell has the time to play pretend gun fight all day?

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Well that sure brought this topic around full circle now didn't it.

I completely agree.
    What's useless would be being unarmed if you needed your weapon.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Who the hell has the time to play pretend gun fight all day?
    So you don't ever run any scenarios around in your head?

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    What I get from this thread is you didnt have the balls to strike up a conversation let alone grab hes gun, so his oc prevented confrontation from atleast one person
    I didn't feel the need to strike up a conversation with the man, just like I didn't need to strike up a conversation with the person in front of me the last time I was ordering chicken. What did you want me to say "Hey buddy, that's a fancy shooting iron you got there"? I noticed he was carrying openly and that was that, I had no intention of taking his gun but if I had I would have had the advantage. It only made me think of the open carry/concealed carry debates I have seen on these pages and reinforced my opinion that the person who carries concealed has the edge. You have your opinion about the issue and I have mine.
    Last edited by Defender; December 21st, 2018 at 10:36 AM.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    ^ that makes even less sense than the OP.
    I agree at the end it got a little carried away, but I've literally had dozens of similar conversations over the years when I open carried in Allentown, where regular people had no idea they were allowed to carry something to defend themselves. I know for a fact it made my neighborhood a more prepared one as some of the folks around me got their LTCF and went to the range with me afterwards.

I'd much rather bad guys think everyone is armed and stop pulling dumb shit because everyone actually is armed, then be able to surprise them with my super secret deep concealed pistol. To get to that point, lots of people need to first be told they are allowed to carry and they aren't alone.

I've since moved to the sticks, and no one out here seems even phased by it so I assume they don't need to be told it's legal. So maybe it's a bit less useful now..
    Last edited by marketermac; December 21st, 2018 at 10:33 AM.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Well it would seem you need to adjust your scenario to include, other armed citizens with situational awareness, the OC individuals own situational awareness and ability to stop some jackwad from taking his/her weapon and maybe even another family member of the original OC-er in line that would take great offense to anyone touching a family member, specially attempting to steal a weapon.
    Running useless scenarios through one's head tends to clutter it up with useless ideas that never work out how you think they will. The nice thing about living in states that actually support the 2A is that you get to chooses the way you carry depending on your training, confidence and situational awareness. There is an old saying that has always rung true to me, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and sometimes they are full of crap.

Pardon me while I run a couple of scenarios through my head about shape shifting space aliens with pointy elbows attempting to steal my OC M1911 (Lords Caliber) EDC from my retention holster. I think I can stop that pesky gray bastid if I stop drop and roll while fanning my hammer and giving him some hot lead before he fires his phazer at me. At least that's the way it works out in my daydreams while driving.

(Chester County)

You are a straight white man. You don't get to be the victim, sweetie.

No i don’t play pretend in my head. I do dry fire practice 3 to 4 days a week and practice my draw and presentation from the 1, and 3 o’clock position both of which give a true advantage if you care about speed and fluid movements with as little obstruction in your way as possible.

What's useless would be being unarmed if you needed your weapon.
    Your right, this should be on a shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    Well it would seem you need to adjust your scenario to include, other armed citizens with situational awareness, the OC individuals own situational awareness and ability to stop some jackwad from taking his/her weapon and maybe even another family member of the original OC-er in line that would take great offense to anyone touching a family member, specially attempting to steal a weapon.
    Running useless scenarios through one's head tends to clutter it up with useless ideas that never work out how you think they will. The nice thing about living in states that actually support the 2A is that you get to chooses the way you carry depending on your training, confidence and situational awareness. There is an old saying that has always rung true to me, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and sometimes they are full of crap.

Pardon me while I run a couple of scenarios through my head about shape shifting space aliens with pointy elbows attempting to steal my OC M1911 (Lords Caliber) EDC from my retention holster. I think I can stop that pesky gray bastid if I stop drop and roll while fanning my hammer and giving him some hot lead before he fires his phazer at me. At least that's the way it works out in my daydreams while driving.
    I really have no problem with OC if the person chooses to do so, but based on what I saw that day the advantage lies with the CC person. Sorry I got your panties all twisted up.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast