Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Gunbroker Offerings

I have always thought that the long barrel was just a way of getting around the bullshit law against having a shoulder stock on the gun or paying for the tax stamps....same as with some of the uzi configurations.....can't have the stocks without the long tubelike barrel.
    Last edited by Krichardson; December 23rd, 2018 at 03:04 PM.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    I have always thought that the long barrel was just a way of getting around the bullshit law against having a shoulder stock on the gun....same as with some of the uzi configurations.
    I believe that you are correct.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

Many HK folks are pretty snobby. I just want an MP5 clone, but I check in on HKProForum regularly. Over there, a few were implying that people who say they can't afford a sear are dumb because they'll buy several SA guns instead. They advocated selling every SA gun to fund a sear, then buy hosts, different sears, hosts, and continue. Really? Registered HK sears are like $40k (unless you're a SOT). So sell 10-20 guns to get one sear? If you're rich and can do that, more power to ya', bu that is not the average gun owner. Then again, I suppose HK owners are far above average.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    Many HK folks are pretty snobby. I just want an MP5 clone, but I check in on HKProForum regularly. Over there, a few were implying that people who say they can't afford a sear are dumb because they'll buy several SA guns instead. They advocated selling every SA gun to fund a sear, then buy hosts, different sears, hosts, and continue. Really? Registered HK sears are like $40k (unless you're a SOT). So sell 10-20 guns to get one sear? If you're rich and can do that, more power to ya', bu that is not the average gun owner. Then again, I suppose HK owners are far above average.
    I'm the black sheep of the clan...I have my relatively small collection of H&K's and even have some good stuff, like my P7, which is a case of a blind squirrel finding a nut. I was pretty H&K clueless when I saw it at Leslie Eddleman's circa 1994 when I was looking for my first 9mm and saw a neat looking squeeze cocker and bought it. However, I don't feel the need to own any or all models in all versions and colors available. I do like to heckle Glock owners (and Beagels fans as well).

(Philadelphia County)

I'm a member over at HK Pro as well and I have noticed some of the snobbishness.I don't much care though as I buy what I like to please myself and no one else plus I cannot own any full autos due to where I live.I haven't been on there in some time though.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Berks County)

Here's another one for yinz. I guess since a genuine NIB offering brought in nearly $13,000 these things are like platinum. This one is missing 3/4 of its accessories though and check out that opening bid...at least it's under $10,000.
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/801101231

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123