Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Default Re: ***PITTSBURGH RALLY 1/7/18*** PAFOA ROLL CALL***

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Sounds very cool and well organized.
    Thanks, it is. For all of Justin Dillon's initial faults with this, he has accepted the help and guidance of a lot of good people behind the scenes. That shows great character and willingness to grow. He has also learned that he doesn't have to do everything himself. I taught him the art of delegation.

Anyway, I'm just trying to paint the picture of organization because as recently as yesterday, someone told me that there were people not coming because they said it "was a shit show." They have no factual basis for that. Day 1, yes, it was a shit show. Now, it's well organized. Mind you, those claiming "shit show" never once stepped up to offer to help. I could have stepped out on it when they wanted to rally NOW, instead of waiting, but decided to stay an help. I'm glad I did.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    That makes me smile because the police aren't there to protect you, they are there to make it look like the city needs to be protected FROM YOU.
    That's right, however, we have members of the SWAT team that will be providing over watch (yes, there will be snipers) reaching out to us in support. Saying they are watching out for us. I think most of the police are on our side, although we know the Mayor is scared of us, wants his people scared of us, and wants them to think the police are there to defend the city against us.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I'm really bummed that I'll be boarding a plane to Sacramento right when the rally is starting. On the bright side, I just talked my barber into going.

ETA: and one of his customers this morning said he was going too. And I'm sure THATS because all of the press it's getting. OC is what's making this newsworthy, so its drawing other people in.
    Last edited by scruff; January 5th, 2019 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Thanks, it is. For all of Justin Dillon's initial faults with this, he has accepted the help and guidance of a lot of good people behind the scenes. That shows great character and willingness to grow. He has also learned that he doesn't have to do everything himself. I taught him the art of delegation.

Anyway, I'm just trying to paint the picture of organization because as recently as yesterday, someone told me that there were people not coming because they said it "was a shit show." They have no factual basis for that. Day 1, yes, it was a shit show. Now, it's well organized. Mind you, those claiming "shit show" never once stepped up to offer to help. I could have stepped out on it when they wanted to rally NOW, instead of waiting, but decided to stay an help. I'm glad I did.
    The facebook page has definitely improved since the early days of this. No matter how pure your heart is or anyone else’s who is involved, there will be haters and complainers saying how it should be done. But like most organizations in life..... only 10 percent or so are willing to step up and do any work, most just complain/bitch/criticize. I’ve done both in my life..... been the complainer and been the stepper upper.

I say kudos to you all. Justin Dillon was willing to step up and do something constructive as were others. The fact that he is learning and listening is heartening. You and others are stepping up.... putting your name (and phone number) out there, offering time/space and working to make this happen to the best of your ability.

People tend to look at the future of firearms in Pa in a negative light. Things like this paint a different picture. People are willing to step up to protect our rights to which I say “Respect earned”.

That's right, however, we have members of the SWAT team that will be providing over watch (yes, there will be snipers) reaching out to us in support. Saying they are watching out for us. I think most of the police are on our side, although we know the Mayor is scared of us, wants his people scared of us, and wants them to think the police are there to defend the city against us.
    I hope you are right about that and I thank you and others for working with the police to assure a peaceful rally.

I know that individually and collectively we pose no threat at all. But some arrayed against our views have a history of using physical violence, threats and intimidation. The media loves to stoke them too. In some places, where the political left reigns, the police are not concerned about what happens to conservatives exercising their First Amendment rights, and in a handful of cases (San Jose & Berkeley come to mind), have paved the way for the violent left to commit mayhem and stood down when it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I'm really bummed that I'll be boarding a plane to Sacramento right when the rally is starting. On the bright side, I just talked my barber into going.

ETA: and one of his customers this morning said he was going too. And I'm sure THATS because all of the press it's getting. OC is what's making this newsworthy, so its drawing other people in.
    Sacramento? The belly of the beast? Your barber is getting the better end of this deal.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by KJP442 View Post
    Well ain't that awful convenient.
    Yeah, I thought so. I guess their “feels” are more important than making cash.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Butler County)

I will be there

(Allegheny County)

Looks like I’m going +2 others. + another that’s 4 as of now
    Last edited by Just1more; January 5th, 2019 at 09:13 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: ***PITTSBURGH RALLY 1/7/19*** PAFOA ROLL CALL***

Which is why we need more people every day being visible as us instead of single day events. In thinking about him yesterday as the 6th anniversary of when we lost him, what we need in this state right now is for us to be as much like Johnny Noveske as possible. That's who the public needs to see us as.

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast