Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Bump Stock ban Rule in Place

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Bump stocks are not the hill to die on, but this thread certainly identifies Friends of Hillary. Or Kamala.

My bet would be that the "reinterpretation" gets tossed by the courts, leaving it to Congress to try to ban them by changing the law. And the Dems won't be cooperating to pass any new laws if Trump is claiming credit.
    Succinct and wise.
    I am smart enough to recognize wise counsel when I hear it.
    Especially when it comes from a veteran of legal battles with a long record of wins.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    Succinct and wise.
    I am smart enough to recognize wise counsel when I hear it.
    Especially when it comes from a veteran of legal battles with a long record of wins.
    I don’t know. From this ban to POTUS push for red flag laws to backing down from building the wall, my ass is sore from all this winning.
    Hold the Line...

(Beaver County)

Based on the statements I see on here I predict a democrat landslide victory win in 2020.

Never let the good fail because of the lack of perfect. The Republic is doomed because Trump banned stupid bumpy things.

If you want to play GI Joe go buy a real machine gun, then you can do mag dumps and get all excited.

(Bucks County)

My ass is sore too. Mostly 'cause I'm old.
    That said, I've had my day of fire team rushes up muddy hillsides.
    If I remember rightly, it hurts and it's exhausting. I'm far too spent to ever do it again without getting in the way and complicating the mission.

I'll pick the hill to die on and this isn't it.
    We should listen closely to Phil. He is far more of a target than us molon labe types.
    Whatever battle is going to lead to bullets flying is going to start in a federal courtroom- where someone like Phil is going to be the tip of the spear.
    As a legal matter, you can see why the antis will want to get him first.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    Based on the statements I see on here I predict a democrat landslide victory win in 2020.

Never let the good fail because of the lack of perfect. The Republic is doomed because Trump banned stupid bumpy things.

If you want to play GI Joe go buy a real machine gun, then you can do mag dumps and get all excited.
    You dont get it. This has NOTHING to do with bump fire stocks, or even automatics. What this did was open an avenue for future gun control, baby bites at a time. I wouldnt be at all surprised if the ATF were to issue a review on accessories that can be put on a gunin the near future.

What we should be doing is galvanizing on issues like this and presenting a united front to POTUS and the NRA and let them know that NO, we do not want garbage rules like this. Instead, we get belittling, name calling and questioning of our loyalties FROM OUR DEFENDERS.
    Hold the Line...

So long as your guns are still protected......right?

If Obama or HRC did this you'd be pitching a fit, as would the NRA.

(Washington County)

You're missing the point. Most of us do not even own a bumpfire stock. This is about the president and the NRA chipping away at our rights, to appease the idiots who think civilians' ability to own guns is the cause of violence in society. People who think having a gun in your house makes you less safe. The president and the NRA have conceded that these people are correct and we 'must do something' about guns in this country, that we must disarm ourselves in order to be safe.

AND, if that wasnt bad enough, they haven't even gone through the proper channels to fuck us. Instead they have chosen to do so by allowing ATF to create law, to ignore the codified definition of a machine gun and 'reinterpret' by declaring that the wording of the law does not matter and bumpfire stocks are just banned, because they say so, because they're bad. Un-elected government employees, paid with tax money, ignoring the law, and RULING that something lawfully owned is bad and must be destroyed or turned in to the government, with no compensation.

Why? Because one man used the devices to harm people. One. And it's absurd, because it does nothing. Destroy every bumpfire stock and all plans and purge all knowledge of how they work, and guess what? Anyone with the desire to do so can still make a machine gun. All it takes is the willingness to break the law. Obviously, anyone with the intent to kill innocent people doesn't let the law impede them.

So now we have this fiat ruling about increasing the rate of fire, but what is the standard rate of fire for a semi-automatic? I'll wait...

That's right. There isn't one. They will fire as fast as you can pull the trigger. Well gee, maybe somebody ought to do something about that. Maybe semi-autos are bad too. But wait, I know how we can fix this. We don't need a new law. We just need a new interpretation.

Its fucking bullshit. Total fucking bullshit. In every way.
    Last edited by marinville; December 19th, 2018 at 09:45 AM.

what really bothers me is that the SCOTUS will take consideration of the impacts of ruling in favor of the 2A.
    such as the upheavel of thousands of laws and regulations. since that is all "established" they will not be inclined to rule that "gun laws are unconstitutional"

i noticed this type of language in past rulings and their discussions.
    if a ruling will turn things totally on their head, they are inclined not to rule as such. essentially we can't throw the salesman out because he's already in the doorway, we can only tell him to remain in the foyer.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Clinton County)

I guess we all know who won't have a problem turning in their neighbors at the range for failing to surrender/destroy their "stupid bumpy things".
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Perry County)

Holy shit!

I don't know that I've ever seen so much negativity and doomsaying. First and foremost, we aren't losing. We haven't been losing for decades, at least not on the national level. Nearly every state is shall issue. Reciprocity between states is widespread. We had an AWB that is gone and likely will never be revisited. If it is, the courts are headed in the right direction to make semi-auto rifles specifically protected under the 2A. We have a ruling by the SCOTUS that we, as individuals, have the right to keep and bear arms.

We watched 20 small children get murdered in a school. And we weathered the storm. We watched 59 die at a concert and have a shaky executive order banning bump stocks. We saw 17 kids die in Parkland and they're seriously talking about arming teachers. And this doesn't include all of the other mass murders that have resulted in literally no legislation. As you shake with rage at Trump, and wail like all is lost, ask yourself if you aren't overreacting a bit.

This is a game. It's a game that I've been playing for 40 years or close to it. It's the back and forth of those that earnestly believe in the fundamental right to be armed versus those that earnestly believe that we'd all be safer without civilian gun ownership. As we both try to capture the hearts and minds of those that just don't give a shit. There are shills, hacks, mercenaries and liars in both camps. Greed, corruption, subterfuge and false allegiance are also well represented in both camps. Just to put this in perspective, I'm a veteran of the Saturday Night Special conflict, the AK-47 skirmishes, the Clinton AWB wars and I'm still fighting.

I'm not happy with Trump's direction to the BATFE to reclassify bump stocks. I'm not going to ascribe some master-stroke of genius to his actions. I believe that he viewed bump stocks as a bad thing after Vegas and took action. That most fits with Trump's personality. It's fortunate that he's not a politician and that he's new at the game. As has been pointed out, the ban is weak and may well get tossed by a court. Had he sat down with House and Senate leaders, I suspect we would have seen much more comprehensive, ironclad legislation.

He was never our 2A savior. His past statements should have made that clear. What he is however, is a man that is filling the courts at a furious pace with staunchly conservative judges. It's surprising to me, given his NY mentality, that the judges are as hard right as they are. Of all of the things he is doing for us and to us, this is the most profound and long lasting. Don't think for a minute that much of the Kavanaugh push-back wasn't directly related to his voiced support of semi-auto rifles as being protected by the 2A. They know that Gorsuch was a wash replacing Scalia. Kavanaugh was hard right turn on many things, including the 2A, when he replaced Kennedy.

I've got to say I'm surprised at how myopic many gun rights supporters are. I had one dismiss judges as inconsequential in the larger scheme of things. I wonder if that person had ever heard of Roe V. Wade or DC v. Heller. Like the left, we have to play the long game. They have the schools and indoctrinate our youth, teaching them collectivism and downplaying individual liberty. Our counter is to have the courts, which can lay down a bedrock of rulings that protect liberty.

Like it or not, we are a fringe element. The "no compromise" gun rights activist is far from the majority among gun owners. It's our job to educate the unwashed masses as to why seemingly innocuous legislation and rule making can have a far larger impact than imagined. Instead of getting whipped up into a frenzy and shouting WOVERINES! all over the internet, find those that poo-poo the ruling and educate them how such executive action could be used by future president to undo things they do care about.

Don't shit all over Trump because you're angry. Keep in mind that we could have Justice Garland, Justice Holder and Justice Jarrett. If you think that is insignificant next to the loss of bump-stocks, you don't understand your own activism. SCOTUS will hear an AWB sooner rather than later. According to learned court watchers, part of the delay is the slim majority and a shaky Roberts. It's also about finding the right case which will rock-solidly establish 2A protection for semi-auto rifles. Further, you may witness the delicious irony of a staunchly conservative court spanking the man that created it for executive overreach.
    Last edited by unclejumbo; December 19th, 2018 at 10:04 AM.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast