Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Bump Stock ban Rule in Place

Bumpstock owners need to start a hashtag campaign: "#SandATF".

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    I'm a life member in the NRA among others. The NRA is getting no more "above and beyond" donations from me as of now.

All the others will still get more.

I never had any interest in bump stocks but fuckem.

Johnny Rambo agrees, and he aint turning in shit!

(Wayne County)

Is it possible that someone in the administration is savvy enough to understand that this EO violates the 2A, the 5A for a "takings", and propably an "arbitrary and capricious" in light of past decisions and by doing this, they are intentionally forcing this to go to a now conservatively weighted SCOTUS, which should rule favorably in a manner that even Congress passing a law would be unlikely to override?

Yeah, I didn't think so either. But it's nice to dream sometimes.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    This is the hill to die on.
    Absolutely correct !!

(Berks County)

Oh really? Under "Hussein" we got national park carry and a general expansion of gun rights and constitutional carry throughout the land.

Under Trump, it's been an uphill battle to now where he's King and can order things illegal by decree.
    Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    My rep cannon is empty, but BINGO!!

Trump finally got something banned, which is what Obama dreamed of for his last 4 years.
    Sadly true.

I'm taunting the ATF on their social media to come get it. Fortunately, I have no dogs to shoot or kids to burn, so I'm probably safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by spacemanvic View Post
    In that case wear something frilly, and maybe a lil "eau de parfum Hoppes 9" behind the ear, cause they'll love the crap outta you.
    Just claim to be transitioning and you can sue that you were unfairly targeted as transgender.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Is it possible that someone in the administration is savvy enough to understand that this EO violates the 2A, the 5A for a "takings", and propably an "arbitrary and capricious" in light of past decisions and by doing this, they are intentionally forcing this to go to a now conservatively weighted SCOTUS, which should rule favorably in a manner that even Congress passing a law would be unlikely to override?

After what we have seen go down in Pittsburgh in the last 5 days it's clear that just about every elected official in this country believes their wishes are above the law.

All I keep hearing is "The ends justify the means" so I guess this is the new way rule govern in America.

We'll find out in march.

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Gun owners only agenda is to always suck up small nibbles around the edges. Kick up a fuss, and keep voting for Rino's because the dems are worse.
    It's a losing strategy, it's not even a strategy. It's an acceptance of the inevitable, kicking the can for as long as possible. That's it.
    That's all we got. I have yet to ever here a coherent, executable plan to reverse the direction of gun control.

As a group we're a joke. We have shown time and time again that we will always crawl back to our masters and cut down any that decent. The RNC treats us no different than the DNC treats minorities. We're an important voting block with no backbone. So we get tossed away the day after the election.

Any of this sound familiar?

Trump is a turncoat, and worse he's doing the work that the DNC couldn't accomplish.
    I don't give one flying fuck if only one person owns a bump stock.
    Throwing that person(s) under the bus accomplishes nothing.
    Where' s the great compromise?
    As usual we lose ground and gain absolutely nothing in return.
    We can't even point to some lame ass victory to offset the loss.....as has become the norm.

If the only reason a gun owner can justify voting for Trump is because the other person will do .... then go ahead vote for Trump. I really don't care.
    But don't pretend your vote is cast better than any other. You're just doing what we have all been doing for decades, while slowly and quietly losing, and enriching the NRA. They have no fucking clue ( or dare I say desire) to turn the tide on eventual gun confiscation.

First time in my life anything firearm related has been effectively confiscated. And it was done by a scumbag RINO POTUS by fiat.
    There are no more excuses to be made. He made the decree, and is now acting on it.
    Making criminals out of people that own what amounts to a plastic toy.

I've lost sleep, my voice, plenty of money, and who knows how much of my life fighting this shit. Most of it for nothing, and I'm still waiting to hear a winning strategy.
    It won't be today, tomorrow, or ever, because it's quite obvious we (as a group) just don't want it. It's either too hard, too far gone, or was never going to happen because there is no magic pill. Kicking money to a lobbying group to do all the dirty work will only get you shit on, laughed at, and quickly forgotten.

It's obvious that must be what we want. Far more than freedom. Its' just too much damn work, and the relying on those that will work hard has run it's course.

Now it really is on us. Each and every one of us.
    indeed, there is an effective strategy and none of us are willing to take it. ours founders were though. that is why that can keeps getting kicked.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Bump stocks are not the hill to die on, but this thread certainly identifies Friends of Hillary. Or Kamala.

My bet would be that the "reinterpretation" gets tossed by the courts, leaving it to Congress to try to ban them by changing the law. And the Dems won't be cooperating to pass any new laws if Trump is claiming credit.
    GL is most likely right about this not being the hill, we'll see how the courts handle it and then decide. will be interesting to see where kavanaugh lands... i don't know if he'll land where we think he will.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Bucks County)

I

This is my first thoughts on the subject. I think there might be a brillianc3 to this EO. Make an illegal order, and force the Courts to say it is illegal. Then it is settled. Not even the stupid Occasional-Cortex bimbo wants to draft a law that the Supremes are l8kely to use as a clay pigeon.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    Binary triggers specifically exempted in the ruling, at least there's that.
    For now, until the next mass shooter uses them.
    IANAL MPMO VIVA CUBA LIBRE

Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast