Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Bump Stock ban Rule in Place

"From my cold dead hands!" doesn't resonate so well when holding up a redneck machine gun. And jeesh, it sounds like some of yinz are channeling Pyld. My vote for Trump was a Hail Mary pass. It's already paid off with a booming economy, 2 SCOTUS seats, an amazing turnaround in foreign policy, a historic rollback of regulation, and pushback of both parties on illegal immigration. This from a former NYC liberal who supported gun control. If the worst that he does is to enact a bump stock ban that contains a poison pill, we will be truly blessed.

Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

What we've learned from Poofa today is that we're OK with decrees from the King via an unelected bureaucracy that what was yours today, makes you a felon tomorrow.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    What we've learned from Poofa today is that we're OK with decrees from the King via an unelected bureaucracy that what was yours today, makes you a felon tomorrow.
    "So what you're saying is...."?? No, I don't accept your straw man. I'm not "OK" with it. I don't like it, I just see it in a different context than you.

If there was a better politician than Trump in 2016 who could have beaten Hillary AND would have been been rock solid on bump stocks in the face of massive public pressure after Las Vegas, we'd have elected a unicorn. Heck, even Ronald Reagan supported the AWB and the Brady bill.

And yes, I believe the regulation purposely contains a poison pill. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see.
    Last edited by scruff; December 19th, 2018 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    "So what you're saying is...."?? No, I don't accept your straw man. I'm not "OK" with it. I don't like it, I just see it in a different context than you.

If there was a better politician than Trump in 2016 who could have beaten Hillary AND would have been been rock solid on bump stocks in the face of massive public pressure after Las Vegas, we'd have elected a unicorn. Heck, even Ronald Reagan supported the AWB and the Brady bill.

And yes, I believe the regulation purposely contains a poison pill. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see.

You call it a strawman and then engage in false dichotomy. It's not a strawman.

(Montgomery County)

Respectfully.
    We gain nothing by tearing ourselves down and creating division within our ranks.
    Many of us are actively involved in the 2A political fight, and many of us are frustrated with the lack of political engagement by our peers.
    We can still voice our differences of opinion without turning people off and pushing people away with unnecessarily combative speech.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    You call it a strawman and then engage in false dichotomy. It's not a strawman.
    So who here is "OK with it"? I skimmed through the thread, maybe I missed someone's approval, but I doubt it. I don't see anyone who supports the ban, I just see people who aren't running around with their hair on fire.

We're in a culture war, fighting against the Democrats, the media, schools, corporate America, the tech sector, Communists, the courts, and others, and we're losing. History shows where this progression leads to - gulags and concentration camps. I'm not willing to go to war with our own while the enemy is on our flanks. I feel like we could lose our country on the immigration issue alone, and Trump us uniquely qualified to fight that fight, so I won't throw him under the bus, but I will make a do that action to GOA.

There's more than one way to lose your 2A rights, and open borders are more of a long-term threat than a bump stock ban; the Republicans have failed us spectacularly in that regard.

(Berks County)

The entire Vegas shooting storyline is BS. If he fired off a tripod, no way he used a BFS. Wouldn't function. Certainly wouldn't fire at rates evident in the video of the attack.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    So who here is "OK with it"? I skimmed through the thread, maybe I missed someone's approval, but I doubt it. I don't see anyone who supports the ban, I just see people who aren't running around with their hair on fire.

We're in a culture war, fighting against the Democrats, the media, schools, corporate America, the tech sector, Communists, the courts, and others, and we're losing. History shows where this progression leads to - gulags and concentration camps. I'm not willing to go to war with our own while the enemy is on our flanks. I feel like we could lose our country on the immigration issue alone, and Trump us uniquely qualified to fight that fight, so I won't throw him under the bus, but I will make a do that action to GOA.

There's more than one way to lose your 2A rights, and open borders are more of a long-term threat than a bump stock ban; the Republicans have failed us spectacularly in that regard.
    100% agree with!

The Left keeps winning because they attack from all angles. We, on the other hand, focus on the 2A, and that's not enough to blunt the attacks. We have to go after them from a cultural point, not just one topic. At least holding the corrupt political figures accountable for their misdeeds (of all types) would be a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Respectfully.
    We gain nothing by tearing ourselves down and creating division within our ranks.
    Many of us are actively involved in the 2A political fight, and many of us are frustrated with the lack of political engagement by our peers.
    We can still voice our differences of opinion without turning people off and pushing people away with unnecessarily combative speech.
    Hear, Hear!

Grumble all you want, just be ready to get involved using the first three boxes of liberty- soap, ballot and jury.

Hopefully we never get to the fourth box.

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast