Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Bump Stock ban Rule in Place

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    After what we have seen go down in Pittsburgh in the last 5 days it's clear that just about every elected official in this country believes their wishes are above the law.

All I keep hearing is "The ends justify the means" so I guess this is the new way rule govern in America.
    What happened 5 days ago in Pittsburgh?
    IANAL MPMO VIVA CUBA LIBRE

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by lts1ow View Post

Hilarity ensues on the ATF facebook.
    The point is still that the agency makes the rules.
    Nobody in the agency stands for election
    Nameless, faceless, bureaucrats, that answer to NO ONE.
    "He who is Brave, is Free" Seneca
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

Quote Originally Posted by elweasel View Post
    What happened 5 days ago in Pittsburgh?
    This happened today. 5 days ago, they announced their intentions to violate preemption.

Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Tioga County)

Folks seem to be getting a bit emotional or upset and there is no need to do so.

Understand that there are totalitarian forces in this country at work and the battle is never going to end. Once you accept there is never really any end, it makes it all mentally easier. There will always be the left and they will always want all your guns.

Remember how the left fights, to the end and they stick together. At times gun owners had to fight with tenacity over the decades and we are gonna have to do so here. Same thing with the Pittsburgh crap.

Also lets drop all the "we're gonna lose" and all that defeatist stuff and boo hoo hoos. We fight to win, the body follows the mind and we don't win fights by mentally surrendering. Obama pulled the same crap with M855 ammo and we beat his ass. Trump's doing the same thing and as I said when he was elected, I would support him when he was right and fight him when he was wrong. Sad we've got to sue his ass, but that's the way it is.

And no the NRA is not with us on this, but we have the GOA and they are, so that's where my money and time is going. I suspect the reason is aligned with Gunlawyers stance that this isn't the hill to die on. I think some gun owners and groups believe we need to let these bump stocks go away so it's not some future excuse for banning semi autos or that it will cause some other legal dramas. So we are not going to have everyone on board and that's the way it is. We will stick together the best we can and fight on.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    You want to be really careful about the name-calling.
    What name calling? Was it "sh!t" or Non-Player Character? I don't see it.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    "NPC" is a personal insult, and if you have no better argument than that, you may wish to voluntarily sit this discussion out.

For that matter, if anyone is using simplistic arguments that fit on a bumper sticker, it would be you. My arguments are pretty famously walls of text with citations to law and history and logic, not just repetitions of "no compromise!!" or "LIBERTY!!!" or "I told you not to vote for Trump!"
    How is Non-Player Character a personal insult? I see it the same as "Stop being sheep" or "Stop drinking the Kool-aid"

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    This happened today. 5 days ago, they announced their intentions to violate preemption.

Thank you for explaining. Tried to rep you, but must spread the love around first.

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    Folks seem to be getting a bit emotional or upset and there is no need to do so.

Understand that there are totalitarian forces in this country at work and the battle is never going to end. Once you accept there is never really any end, it makes it all mentally easier. There will always be the left and they will always want all your guns.

Remember how the left fights, to the end and they stick together. At times gun owners had to fight with tenacity over the decades and we are gonna have to do so here. Same thing with the Pittsburgh crap.

Also lets drop all the "we're gonna lose" and all that defeatist stuff and boo hoo hoos. We fight to win, the body follows the mind and we don't win fights by mentally surrendering. Obama pulled the same crap with M855 ammo and we beat his ass. Trump's doing the same thing and as I said when he was elected, I would support him when he was right and fight him when he was wrong. Sad we've got to sue his ass, but that's the way it is.

And no the NRA is not with us on this, but we have the GOA and they are, so that's where my money and time is going. I suspect the reason is aligned with Gunlawyers stance that this isn't the hill to die on. I think some gun owners and groups believe we need to let these bump stocks go away so it's not some future excuse for banning semi autos or that it will cause some other legal dramas. So we are not going to have everyone on board and that's the way it is. We will stick together the best we can and fight on.
    For me, the anger and emotion stems from my being vested in seeing Trump win as well as believing in what he said hook line and sinker, only to have the rug pulled out from under me. Today it’s bump stocks, tomorrow it could be mag capacity, or after market triggers, or semi autos, or “shoulder things that go up.” A man I really pushed for with friends and family and customers is acting more like a swamp creature he was elected to fight.

I could give two whiffs about bump stocks, but it’s the principal of the thing. Is it being an extremist to truly believe I have God given rights, among them the right to self preservation? Not only do I have to endure derision and name calling from those actively working to wrest my rights away, but I have to suffer the withering diatribe from my own erstwhile defenders who would call me an extremist for voicing my concerns and calling to task those officials who were elected to protect my way of life.

And yes the Patton and Custer analogy is endearing, but correct me if I’m wrong, Patton won actual battles. When will the 2A community actually win something other than hollow court decisions that aren’t really enforced? When will we actually move the ball forward instead of just scratching back some of our lost rights? When will we become a nation of laws again?

Moving forward, I have the uneasy feeling that Trump would be willing to trade my rights away for a slice of pizza.
    Last edited by spacemanvic; December 19th, 2018 at 12:03 AM.
    Hold the Line...

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    This is the hill to die on.
    Yep. The bump stocks are not really the issue here.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by spacemanvic View Post
    For me, the anger and emotion stems from my being vested in seeing Trump win as well as believing in what he said hook line and sinker, only to have the rug pulled out from under me. Today it’s bump stocks, tomorrow it could be mag capacity, or after market triggers, or semi autos, or “shoulder things that go up.” A man I really pushed for with friends and family and customers is acting more like a swamp creature he was elected to fight.

I could give two whiffs about bump stocks, but it’s the principal of the thing. Is it being an extremist to truly believe I have God given rights, among them the right to self preservation? And yes the Patton and Custer analogy is endearing, but correct me if I’m wrong, Patton won actual battles. When will the 2A community actually win something other than hollow court decisions that aren’t really enforced? When will we actually move the ball forward instead of just scratching back some of our lost rights? When will we become a nation of laws again?

Moving forward, I have the uneasy feeling that Trump would be willing to trade my rights away for a slice of pizza.
    Gun owners are easy to throw under the bus in these days of screeching emotional reactionaries and feminization of society.

There was always some concern about Trump's 2A bonafides. He told us we had nothing to worry about, well, the bloom is off that rose.

My stance is no reason really to get upset, especially with one another. The war and fight is always going to be going on. We got a year honeymoon with Trump where all was quiet, now it is not, so back to the front.

Some stuff we can't control. What I try to do is convince everyone I can around me, let all the politicians that represent me know, educate people when the opportunity presents and donate to groups like the GOA because for a lot of us we have to support these groups because we can't make this our full time job and that's what we pay advocacy groups to do.

Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast