Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Help fight Pittsburgh's illegal gun laws that affect us all; Donate at these link

Great work guys... Donated. It sucks these tyrants use our money to oppress us with unlimited funds illegally... I'm I this with all of you. Keep fighting the good fight because without defense it's impossible.

Default Re: Help fight Pittsburgh's illegal gun laws that affect us all; Donate at these link

They must be deposed. I'm meetong my rep this week and demanding impeachment.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Donated. Thanks for sharing! We must fight this and win. We cannot afford to lose ground on preemption.
    I am not a lawyer.

It's a shame that the legal team that beat Philadelphia is never going to get together again, since most of them had to (successfully) sue the youngest lawyer to get their share of the money they were owed, so they aren't going to deal with him again.

PA state courts are not our friends. Remember that we lost the ability to use out-of-state licenses when they decreed that a Pennsylvania resident is not "a person". They killed off any relief for people with decades-old 302 commitments by deciding that a court with statutory authority to "grant such relief as it deems appropriate" somehow lacks the authority to grant actual relief via an expungement.

PA judges are sometimes left-wing activists who will ignore the text and substitute their opinions. This is not a slam-dunk that can't be bungled. PA courts didn't immediately nullify all of the Philadelphia preemption violations. You can't just wave the 2nd Amendment and expect to win.

This could easily result in preemption being nullified, if it's litigated badly.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Tioga County)

NRA-ILA says they will fight this.

I agree with Gunlawyer that the courts always hold a risk even if blind freddy can see we are in the right.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    It's a shame that the legal team that beat Philadelphia is never going to get together again, since most of them had to (successfully) sue the youngest lawyer to get their share of the money they were owed, so they aren't going to deal with him again.

PA state courts are not our friends. Remember that we lost the ability to use out-of-state licenses when they decreed that a Pennsylvania resident is not "a person". They killed off any relief for people with decades-old 302 commitments by deciding that a court with statutory authority to "grant such relief as it deems appropriate" somehow lacks the authority to grant actual relief via an expungement.

PA judges are sometimes left-wing activists who will ignore the text and substitute their opinions. This is not a slam-dunk that can't be bungled. PA courts didn't immediately nullify all of the Philadelphia preemption violations. You can't just wave the 2nd Amendment and expect to win.

This could easily result in preemption being nullified, if it's litigated badly.
    Agree 100%, but what's the alternative?

*Comply?
    *Hope we don't get caught in violation of new (illegal) regulations and challenge them on an individual basis if we do?

I don't see either of those as being "better" than losing preemption.

Serious question.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Allegheny County)

Donated and will help out again later if possible. Never used a mouse to sign my name before. I thought my signature looked bad with a pen geez...
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

Loss of preemption is exactly what's at stake here. It feels like the tyrants feel emboldened by the influx of Bloomberg money and the 5-2 democrat supreme court. I do fear preemption is their target. This is why I'm reaching out to reps and senators for other avenues as well.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Agree 100%, but what's the alternative?

*Comply?
    *Hope we don't get caught in violation of new (illegal) regulations and challenge them on an individual basis if we do?

I don't see either of those as being "better" than losing preemption.

Serious question.
    Serious answer: Have a full battle plan before you choose to engage.

Figure out which judge will hear your case. Research his previous holdings.

The choice is not "we poke them like we did in Erie and force a couple of court losses before we finally eke out a win at the end" or "we lose preemption". We don't have to post pictures of our AR-15's and our addresses and dare the po po to do something.

The third choice is to do nothing in Allegheny county. They won't enforce their bans, just like Philly didn't. But some other place will enact a ban, and that place might have better judges, and you can choose that place to push a precedent.

It's what the Left does to us. Every time that Trump signs an order, the Left hand-picks a friendly federal judge to shoot it down. The Left isn't smarter than us, but by choosing tactics over blind principles, they win more often.

Without doing anything, we have a preemption statute. By doing the wrong thing, we can lose it in a court, like we lost out-of-state licenses and 302 relief, like we effectively lost preemption on municipal property because of a footnote in Erie.

Doing the wrong thing is not always better than doing nothing, unless you're being paid to do something. Wait for an opportunity to do the right thing at the right place and time. In other words, have a full battle plan before you choose to engage.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Serious answer: Have a full battle plan before you choose to engage.
    Can't rep you. I hope they listen.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast