Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default I found a shot deer today, ARGH!!!!

today me and my pops went scouting around out local fish and game as a possible new place to deer/squirrel hunt because there are too many other people hunting the few other farms that we hunt...well we where walking along the old 3-D path and we had his doberman "gino" with us and we wanted to scout up along the edge of the woods where it meets a cornfield and just as an old habit/tick that i do while walking around the woods, i will break off small limbs and flick little pieces as i walk (dunno why i do that, but i always have) and i bent down to pick up a piece and what do i see?!?!?! why its some blood, about another foot downhill i find more blood, so im on the hunt and at most i was looking to find the gut pile etc, so we track it for about 25-30 yards and find a dead, yearling doe....SON OF A BITCH.... and this was not a gut shot, or a hip shot this was a freaking 10 ring shot, a beautiful double lung shot-pass through...so we figured we should back track it...it was the typical great blood trail you would expect from such a good shot, and about 50 yards back we found the bush it first ran into (blood covered) and the dug up ground from where this little fella kicked up after being shot....and we also found the tree (the climb marks) where this asshole was hunting....we didnt find his arrow, so obviously he picked it up, and like i said we had a great blood trail that started on the bush that just in front of the deer, where it was shot....so i regained my composure and drug the deer (there's no way the meat was any good still) and put it right under dip shit's tree, plus an unpleasant note that i put in the deer's mouth expressing how i felt about this horseshit....now there is no way i can believe that he/she? tried tracking this deer with any sort of acceptable effort, for one, they could not have retrieved their arrow without seeing the blood on the bush just in front of them and i did not loose the blood at any point of my tracking, blood, blood, here's blood, blood, i mean it was constant, so the conclusion that my dad and i came up with was this punk ass shot the deer, tracked it, found it, just didnt want to use their antlerless tag on a small deer, and when i say small, i was around 60-70 Lbs, a yearling no less, but still...is that a bunch of horseshit or what?
    "Skin that'n pilgrim, and I'll git ya another"

Default Re: I found a shot deer today, ARGH!!!!

Whoever shot it needs to get a hell of a lot better at judging size. small or not, you shoot it, you keep it.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

That's bullshit!

I don't care if it's pitch black outside when you get down out of the tree. Use your flashlight or come back at first light. There's no reason for that.

I had to put a deer down an guy at the lake shot with a slug gun. She was zig-zaging and not bleding even though she was dragging a leg. I couldn't get a bead on her with my scope because she was too close and moving eratically. Shen she disapeared into the marsh I figured noone would ever see her again.

About 2 hours later I heard splashing and this poor thing was trying to cross the shallow part of the lake with 3 legs. She hit a deep sopt and couldn't go any further. That's when I had to shoot her. I just felt too bad. So, we ended up with a little doe for the freezer even though I was out for antlers.

What an ass

(Monroe County)

When did you find it? Did you call the PGC?

Its not unusual for people to get it the next morning, especially if they know where it went and it was dark when they shot. How old was it? still warm? I've shot deer before and walked out of the woods with the stand and bow so that I can give it an hour or 2 to bleed out and then come back in to recover.

If its cold overnight (below 40) I've also let them bleed out of the night if I wasn't positive of how good my shot was.

then again its also possible he just didn't want a deer that small.

I would call the PGC and report it, they iwll come out, if the deer is still good they will take it and give it to hunters for hunger
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    When did you find it? Did you call the PGC?

Its not unusual for people to get it the next morning, especially if they know where it went and it was dark when they shot. How old was it? still warm? I've shot deer before and walked out of the woods with the stand and bow so that I can give it an hour or 2 to bleed out and then come back in to recover.

If its cold overnight (below 40) I've also let them bleed out of the night if I wasn't positive of how good my shot was.

then again its also possible he just didn't want a deer that small.

I would call the PGC and report it, they iwll come out, if the deer is still good they will take it and give it to hunters for hunger
    no we didnt call the PGC, if the deer was a little more fresh we would have, but this little fella was pretty stiff, i think it was yesterday morning that it got shot, but this guy/gal would have been able to see this deer fall from its stand, i fully believe they knew this deer was dead, just didnt want it, and like i said this was a really good shot, and it was around a 12 yard shot from this guy's tree, and they took they're arrow with them, it had to have had the signs of a good hit on it and the blood trail started right from the start

(Armstrong County)

Sad to say but it was probably practice .......
    The original point and click interface was a Colt Peacemaker!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Sad to say but it was probably practice .......
    you might be right, id like to practice stomping a mud hole in his ass too though, i mean it just pisses me off to see something like that, i love deer hunting, and i mean deer hunting, not buck or trophy but deer...its probably my favorite thing (outdoors) to do, and a yearling to me is just as much fun as a buck, im not saying id shoot a yearling over a P&Y or a B&C but i just like deer hunting, i put a ton of hours into it, and $$$ into my equipment and i make sure i take high % shots and to see someone have such disrespect for a deer really pisses me off

(Monroe County)

definately call the PGC and report it as a poacher, which it what it is (illegally harvested as it wasn't tagged). They may care enough to watch the spot next saturday and hopefully bust the bastard that did it.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    definately call the PGC and report it as a poacher, which it what it is (illegally harvested as it wasn't tagged). They may care enough to watch the spot next saturday and hopefully bust the bastard that did it.
    but it was on fish and game property, and any member is allowed to hunt the woods, so there would be little hope, i had thought of that already, but the odds are too slim of finding the shithead

(Delaware County)

There is no such thing as Fish and Game property. It belongs to one or the other, probably the Game commission, DCNR, or State Game lands.

Report it and let the WCO deal with the issue. This piece of C**P will be back, and maybe they will get him on something. However, the next person in the tree may not be the one who did this. always: innocent until proven guilty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast