Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Bushmaster Carbon 15

I never had any problems with my AR carbon pistol. It was also pre Bush Master. I cant recall the name but it was made in AZ. BM bought them out. Parted with it in a trade valued at 1k. The market was high at the time but we were both happy.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Somerset County)

Sell it and get a PSA or SW sport 2. Both can be had under $500 and are way better

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by KatesDad View Post
    So I inherited a Bushmaster Carbon 15 from my father. He raved about it, but then again he never had anything more than a hunting rifle. I find it to be the ugliest AR ive ever owned. Anyone have any suggestion on what to do with it to make it more ascetically pleasing? I was thinking maybe a 15" free float handguard. Any other ideas?
    I owned one when the first came out. One of the unique features was the stock slid off easy ( on demand) in lieu of a folding or telescoping stock. . At that time the Clinton ban was in effect and manufacturers of semi auto rifles could only have one evil feature. In this case it was the pistol grip. Muzzle brakes were not a banned feature. Of course there are no sights it is limited to optics because of the short rail.

I soon got rid of it because as the video says it was too light to the point where it was like a toy. Also the muzzle brake came off while firing several times. I just couldn't take this gun very seriously. I traded at a loss. Personally unless there is some collectors value to the gun I don't think it's worth upgrading. I would highly doubt anyone made aftermarket parts for this rifle. Like the video says, the gun isn't very durable. My suggestion, unless it holds sentimental value, see what you can get for it as a trade in or private sale and get something up to date and better.
    Last edited by eagleclaw; December 19th, 2018 at 04:56 PM.

(Clearfield County)

So looking through the Horst gun auction results last night I saw that one of the original Professional Ordnance carbon 15 pistols just sold for $180

I'd probably be inclined to buy one for that price.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12