Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default EBay Chinese ambi AR charging handle

Firstly, I think we could really use a dedicated AR or Ar/Ak subforum with the pistols and the rifles and all the sbr and nfa related regs and stuff.

So on to the point. Got back from my stepdads funeral today, buried with a 21 gun salute. It was nice, but very depressing. Got home to find an eBay surprise in my mailbox. Paid 8.99 with .99c shipping, supposed to be usa stock but shipped DHL and took at least 2 weeks to arrive, probably straight from commieland.

Initial impressions are meh, shipping was all around crap with no real tracking. It came in a bag envelope, no padding, no box, just a zip lock bag inside of a small shipping bag.
    I was surprised to see that it was still completely straight and not all smashed up in any way.
    While looking it over I checked out how the handle/springs feel. Very gritty. Although just working it for a second already started loosening it up and smoothing it out. It honestly feels surprisingly solid.

Ill have a more in depth review when ever laxammo ships my FFL my lower that I paid for on 11/26 >:| (I'm pretty pissed about them)
    Please note I don't have any other experience with charging handles, this is my first build and my first rifle caliber anything(not counting .22lr) I just wanted to give my initial thoughts and opinions. Before I install I will very likely pop out the roll pins and clean and lube the ambi mechanism, I may also buff it a bit to smooth it out if it looks rough or gritty from manufacturing.

To sum it up, it has a good weight to it and seems like it could be a relatively decent quality part, especially for the price point. My reason for trying it is for an ultimate budget build. I'm at about $275 on this 10.5" pistol build including poly flip up sights, couple mags, and a trinity blade brace, ambi charging handle, and a full auto bolt assembly that's magnetic particle inspected.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: EBay Chinese ambi AR charging handle

Without any extras and a friend offering me a buffer assembly and a milspec charging handle would have brought this build in for less than $220 or so.