Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Help Rip The Governor A New One...

Quote Originally Posted by ar15_shooter View Post
    I don't think they are planning on repealing preemption. They plan to have their 5-2 majority in the state supreme Court overturn it. I'd guess that the Dem justices have already agreed to do it.
    I agree that this is Peduto's ultimate goal. To get this issue before a friendly court.

Whether the State Supreme Court have agreed to anything in advance is interesting. They have to weigh a case on its merits. If there was proof of collusion before the case was brought up before them I wonder if we could impeach them or have a basis for a Federal appeal?

We need something deeper than Article 21 or the 2nd Amendment, though those also matter. We need better policy arguments. "Local Safety" opens the door to all sorts of nasty possibilities. Denying people the right to live in a town because of "public safety". Empowering racists to keep "minorities' out of their towns. Allowing cities to impose the morality of local citizens onto minorities - bars, strip clubs, what have you.

We have to show the courts what the Peduto Precedent could lead to and how this matters. To force the Peduto Precedent, if we cannot repeal his foolish laws, to weaken them.

We need to really show how bad local authority can be and why we needed pre-emption for not just firearms but many other things. The whole point of pre-emption was to give uniform firearm laws across the state, to prevent local authorities from creating "gotchas" to harass outsiders.

Gun control nuts want to control guns. What happens when this hare brained Peduto Precedent allows local authorities to close Methadone clinics, strip clubs, remove all bars from a town, remove different kinds of religions from a town. What happens when Progressives figure that they've opened a pandora's box of repression?
    Last edited by GeneCC; December 16th, 2018 at 01:15 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    I suppose that until the proposals are actually adopted, no law has been violated. But the very fact that Wolf is publicly encouraging Pittsburgh and other municipalities to do the same ought to be enough to threaten Constitutional action against Wolf. Wanna bet that the real push will be to have the legislature repeal Pre-emption before PBurg passes the law?

This is really getting bad.

PA Constitution Article VI

§ 6. Officers liable to impeachment.
    The Governor and all other civil officers shall be liable to
    impeachment for any misbehavior in office, but judgment in such
    cases shall not extend further than to removal from office and
    disqualification to hold any office of trust or profit under
    this Commonwealth. The person accused, whether convicted or
    acquitted, shall nevertheless be liable to indictment, trial,
    judgment and punishment according to law.
    (May 17, 1966, 1965 P.L.1928, J.R.10)

1966 Amendment. Joint Resolution No.10 amended and
    renumbered former section 3 to present section 6.
    What about criminal conspiracy? They're literally conspire with the governor to break the law.

(Westmoreland County)

What these characters fail to realize is that support for gun control has always had short legs. We of the opposition nurse grudges and get payback. Bloomberg probably imagines that he can keep his astroturf movement going, and with his billions that's possible. Always some gullible people who believe in salvation through politics. Mike is an old man, old men don't live forever.

I wish we could crush his media empire. If we put his dumb ass out of business, no more billions for Everytown. The rest of these elitists would realize that they're messing with the wrong crew.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by KJP442 View Post
    What about criminal conspiracy? They're literally conspire with the governor to break the law.
    Sure seems that way.

What are the fine points of the law? I refuse to believe that Peduto and Wolf don't have some heavy lawyers behind this campaign. Two years ago some big legal firms committed to offering free legal help to gun control nuts.

After the Orlando nightclub massacre and a string of other mass shootings, Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison; Covington & Burling; Arnold & Porter; and four other prominent law firms formed a coalition with gun control groups that until now have worked largely on their own. Together, the firms are committing tens of millions of dollars in free legal services from top corporate lawyers who typically bill clients $1,000 an hour or more.

This effort is highly unusual in its scale. Although law firms often donate time to individual causes, and some firms have worked on gun control on a piecemeal basis, the number and the prominence of the firms involved in the new coalition are unheard-of for modern-day big law. Other firms are expected to join in the coming months.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/07/b...law-firms.html

I wonder what people would think if they realized that their City is being used by outsiders from New York City?

We know from Everytown that Wolf got $500,000 from Everytown.

I wonder what Bloomberg promised Peduto?

Wouldn't you resent having outsiders manipulate your local politics? I sure would.

Thanks for stepping up with the letter.

Here is what I think the Governor has in mind. He started in Pittsburgh to get the ball rolling. He is encouraging other municipalities to pass similar laws. It is sort of a civil disobedience program involving municipalities here in PA and across the USA. Pburg said it will not actually finally adopt the gun ban law until February 14th, the anniversary of the Florida school shooting. That part is political theater but I think that there is more to it than simply that. All the cooperating municipalities will all wait for that date. So no legal action can be taken against them until they actually adopt the violating ordinances.

By February 2019, Wolf and his minions will line up many Democrat controlled municipalities and then seek the repeal of the Pre-emption law before February 2019 using his gang of municipalities to force the hand of the Legislature and to leverage the PA Supreme Court (which he has in its hip pocket in any case). If he is successful, then all these local laws will have effect.

This fight may be in the Courts, but first I think it will be in the Legislature in 2019.

Just think of all those RINOs that gave him the gift of HB 2060. As I predicted then, he is using that vote as a club to beat the same RINOs over the head. He will argue, "we are only doing in Pburg what you agreed to last session, so how can you oppose it". It really isn't the same, but close enough to let him make that case. The RINOs were too blind to see this coming.

This is going nationwide friends. Just watch.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Why is Bloomberg interested in disarming our citizens?
    So we can’t shoot him?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    Here is what I think the Governor has in mind. He started in Pittsburgh to get the ball rolling. He is encouraging other municipalities to pass similar laws. It is sort of a civil disobedience program involving municipalities here in PA and across the USA. Pburg said it will not actually finally adopt the gun ban law until February 14th, the anniversary of the Florida school shooting. That part is political theater but I think that there is more to it than simply that. All the cooperating municipalities will all wait for that date. So no legal action can be taken against them until they actually adopt the violating ordinances.

By February 2019, Wolf and his minions will line up many Democrat controlled municipalities and then seek the repeal of the Pre-emption law before February 2019 using his gang of municipalities to force the hand of the Legislature and to leverage the PA Supreme Court (which he has in its hip pocket in any case). If he is successful, then all these local laws will have effect.

This fight may be in the Courts, but first I think it will be in the Legislature in 2019.

Just think of all those RINOs that gave him the gift of HB 2060. As I predicted then, he is using that vote as a club to beat the same RINOs over the head. He will argue, "we are only doing in Pburg what you agreed to last session, so how can you oppose it". It really isn't the same, but close enough to let him make that case. The RINOs were too blind to see this coming.

This is going nationwide friends. Just watch.
    We need to stay on our state reps and make sure any attempt at repealing preemption is DOA in the legislature. I hope that should be an easy sell to most republicans given what a nightmare it would be to have all these municipalities making their own rules.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    Sure seems that way.

What are the fine points of the law? I refuse to believe that Peduto and Wolf don't have some heavy lawyers behind this campaign. Two years ago some big legal firms committed to offering free legal help to gun control nuts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/07/b...law-firms.html

I wonder what people would think if they realized that their City is being used by outsiders from New York City?

We know from Everytown that Wolf got $500,000 from Everytown.

I wonder what Bloomberg promised Peduto?

Wouldn't you resent having outsiders manipulate your local politics? I sure would.
    I wonder what Bloomberg is paying the RINOs that gifted Wolf with HB2060.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234