Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Help Rip The Governor A New One...

I'm trying to craft a note to send to our local paper, and would like some PAFOA feedback. Any comments or suggestions will be considered as I draft a final copy tomorrow evening. Anyone who would like to use this to send to their own local news editorial board, politician, or even just post on social media, is more than welcome to. Thanks in advance for your word crafting skills!
    ------------

I'm very disappointed in our governor Tom Wolf. Yesterday he stood with the mayor of Pittsburgh, and knowingly suggested they break a state law having to do with firearms pre-emption (18CS 6120(a)). By doing so, he essentially made many of the good people of our state, who try to follow Pennsylvania's complex firearms laws, unknowingly into criminals.

In suggesting Pittsburgh and other municipalities break the state law, Tom Wolf has explicitly proven his opposition's point: criminals don't abide by the laws, and additional gun control measures won't work. What Tom Wolf has suggested is criminal, and municipalities that follow his lead had better have a thick checkbook.

The thought that our elected representative can not, and will not, follow the rule of law is appalling. It's clearly the result of accepting a $500,000 contribution in the governor's race from an anti-rights individual that doesn't even live in PA. Unfortunately, it appears Tom Wolf has become just another water boy for the anti-gun lobby; more than happy to tell others to violate state laws when it suits his keeper's agenda. It's disgusting that we allowed this man to stay in office.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(York County)

Default Re: Help Rip The Governor A New One...

<saved for the final draft>
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Chester County)

Tom Wolf buddying up to his good friend Michael Bloomberg. Do you think they only talked about drugs?

Harrisburg, PA
    – Pennsylvania has been selected as the first state to participate in a groundbreaking initiative from Bloomberg Philanthropies designed to strengthen state and local opioid prevention and treatment efforts. Governor Tom Wolf accepted a $10 million grant this morning from Michael Bloomberg—founder of Bloomberg Philanthropies and World Health Organization (WHO) Global Ambassador for Noncommunicable Diseases—at the inaugural Bloomberg American Health Summit in Washington, D.C. Governor Wolf was a featured speaker at the event, describing his administration’s approach to reduce the number of Pennsylvanians addicted to opioids.

I am sure more gun control laws for the Commonwealth were never discussed.

https://www.governor.pa.gov/wolf-adm...-Pennsylvania/

(Bucks County)

That's a good letter. You might want to add somewhere that there's over 5000 state laws around the country, 460 pages of ATF laws and numerous federal laws that add to the redundancy of Unconstitutional laws. Also, you might want to include Article 1 section 21 of the PA constitution... Thats about as clear as it gets. If you need numbers proving that hammers, fists and baseball bat's "kill" more people than all rifles combined, let me know. But that's a good letter and we're all in this fight together.

(Bucks County)

Well-written. I know that brevity is the key to grabbing and holding a reader, but you might want to elaborate on preemption and it’s purpose. The more people I talk to, the more I realize they do not have a clue until they are the one being bent over, and of course, by then it is too late.

Imagine 10k armed gun owners forcibly removing him from office letter.

(Berks County)

Why is Bloomberg interested in disarming our citizens?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Because he is rich and knows what is good for us?
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Because he is an elitist, big government Totalitarian. He has armed security. We don't.

Maybe people don't understand why premption exists, ignoring all the other arguments against gun control, maybe explaining why it exists could be good. Imagine having to track thousands of local laws while driving across the state.

Make examples like marriage licenses. How would you like it if the next town over didn't recognize your marriage?

Or driver license.

Etc.

Patchwork local laws are good for no one.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast