Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: Anderson stripped lower

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRecon View Post
    Where is the deception ? That employee is being paid an hourly wage to make that phone call and review the forms mandated for the purchase ?
    When you go to the grocery store, do you pay a fee to cover the cashiers time? No, It's built into the price of the products. This FFL was selling products at a 'discount' and then inflating the PICS fee to double the actual cost. If he was honest, the price of the product would have been five dollars more. But that wouldn't look like as good of a discount.

When you buy a gun, there should be no hidden costs, just gun plus actual pics fee and tax. That's all. If you want me to pay for your employees raise, then raise the price of the product. Don't make up imaginary fees.

(Allegheny County)

Where is the deception ? That employee is being paid an hourly wage to make that phone call and review the forms mandated for the purchase ?
    The deception is making up fees to make your advertised price seem lower than it actually is.

Price + tax + PICS. That's all that it should be.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    The deception is making up fees to make your advertised price seem lower than it actually is.

Price + tax + PICS. That's all that it should be.
    everytime I purchase a serialized "firearm" in Pennsylvania, I'm quite aware I'll be paying the Gov his 6% and the PASP and FBI their "fees", I've never been to a shop that does PICS for zero fee

I absolutely agree with hodgie the dealer is making profit on the markup of the guns AND marking up the "background check/transfer fee" it's no different than charging 10% sales tax and saying 4% of it is for processing the tax. If you rely on "hidden fees" to turn a profit then you dont know how to price your product or just enjoy being deceptive. The gun rack in west newton had Anderson's for 50 otd but think they are normally 60otd

everytime I purchase a serialized "firearm" in Pennsylvania, I'm quite aware I'll be paying the Gov his 6% and the PASP and FBI their "fees", I've never been to a shop that does PICS for zero fee
    Your missing the point.... hes charging price+tax+pics+ a little extra just because

Did you pay with cash or use a credit card? Not saying they would cut you a break but some may if you ask real nice like...

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    Your missing the point.... hes charging price+tax+pics+ a little extra just because
    But if the OTD price (out of pocket) is a good deal, as this apparently is, I don’t care how the retailer works his books.

Bought my first handgun years ago at Cabelas and it took longer than buying a car....hours of waiting. All to save about $40 during a sale.

Every gun purchased since then has been through the LGS that is being discussed here in this thread. Before each purchase I compare prices online, and Cabelas is easy to use for comparison. This LGS beats Cabela most times, by more than the disputed $5 PICS up charge. Compared to other LGS, they may be a “little” more expensive on average.

Plus, the transaction takes 5-10 minutes TOPS. That is worth much more than $5, to me anyway. I’m sure the other LGS’s are fast at processing as well.

But really, if the OTD price is good, who cares how their books are reconciled? I don’t.
    Last edited by PickingPA; December 16th, 2018 at 11:20 AM.

(Bucks County)

Well, back to the thread title, I just got my first Anderson stripped lower and was wondering what would be a good parts kit to get for it. I see a wide variety at PSA, and I'm not sure what I should be looking for. Any suggestions? Or should I start my own thread?

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    But if the OTD price (out of pocket) is a good deal, as this apparently is, I don’t care how the retailer works his books.

Bought my first handgun years ago at Cabelas and it took longer than buying a car....hours of waiting. All to save about $40 during a sale.

Every gun purchased since then has been through the LGS that is being discussed here in this thread. Before each purchase I compare prices online, and Cabelas is easy to use for comparison. This LGS beats most prices every time, by more than the disputed $5 PICS up charge.

Plus, the transaction takes 5-10 minutes TOPS. That is worth much more than $5, to me anyway. I’m sure the other LGS’s are fast at processing as well.

But really, if the OTD price is good, who cares how their books are reconciled? I don’t.
    My point is you see sticker price so in your head you figure up what you think the total is then the total comes upto more than you expected and it's too late because you started the paperwork . And acting like it's the state charging the entire "paperwork" fee is dishonest. I walked out of a shop and purchase after the dealer told me it would be a $20 transfer fee on an in stock item. That turned a decent price into meh . Just like od buy a 10 pack of receivers but most want a full transfer fee per receiver even though they all go on the form 1 phone call sure you have to log in all the serials but what 1 min per.... my thought is if they all come in 1 package it should be 1 fee maybe $5 each after the first fee

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by t1066 View Post
    Well, back to the thread title, I just got my first Anderson stripped lower and was wondering what would be a good parts kit to get for it. I see a wide variety at PSA, and I'm not sure what I should be looking for. Any suggestions? Or should I start my own thread?
    CMMG is known for quality and they pack the "like parts" into separate little baggies which makes identifying all of them a little less intimidating.

No opinion on specific PSA stuff.

Lots of times you can upgrade to polished, nickel boron trigger/hammer for a bit more money.

You can get LPK "minus fire control group" which saves you a few bucks if you don't plan to use the milspec trigger included in standard kits.

Aero Precision should be good to go.

Tons of options. Unless you really, really need to save $10, I'd stick with known brands as opposed to "house brands" or "no name" stuff that may come from overseas.
    (that said, I trust PSA stuff)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast