Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Anderson stripped lower

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    If it's $40 OTD and you only want one, that's pretty fair.

I've had to tap the grip hole deeper on a couple of Anderson lowers, but that is nothing.
    I believe the issue with the grip hole has been resolved. The last 3 I purchased all with consecutive serial numbers were all good. I had one earlier one from a few years back that needed to be made deeper.

PickingPA Guest

$52.35 OTD

They charge $10 for the background check

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    $52.35 OTD

They charge $10 for the background check
    Can't complain about that price.

Buy onine for $40 on sale.
    Pay $7-$12 shipping.
    Pay $20-$30 for transfer.

I'm not good at maff, but $52.35 seems to be the better deal.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Can't complain about that price.

Buy onine for $40 on sale.
    Pay $7-$12 shipping.
    Pay $20-$30 for transfer.

I'm not good at maff, but $52.35 seems to be the better deal.
    Unless I have been under a rock for a while, pics doesn't cost $10. He should list the price of the lower for what it is, instead of charging inflated fees. That kinda stuff pisses me off. It's still a good price, but I would walk out.

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    Unless I have been under a rock for a while, pics doesn't cost $10. He should list the price of the lower for what it is, instead of charging inflated fees. That kinda stuff pisses me off. It's still a good price, but I would walk out.
    There's a few places that charge $10.00 for the pic's price which also pisses me off because one tried to tell me+$2 that it was the state not them. Being somewhat not retarded I asked them how $3+$2=$10? and received a cross eyed look. It cost an extra $5.00 for them to make the call which goes directly into their pocket and no place else. I would have respected them more if they just told me the truth.

(Lancaster County)

I feel the $10 fee is OK, lets face it businesses are in business to turn a profit. So let's say the counter guy is making $15.00/hr -+, I've had PICS calls go from 2-3 minutes to as long as 15-20 its a crap shoot at best. The LGS owner can't have one of his guys or gals doing this and reviewing paperwork for free when they could be waiting on other customers or performing value added tasks to profit of the shop. It's the States and Fed Gov fault for this not the LGS owner who has to comply and turn a profit to stay afloat.

Some of the "boutique" and FUDD shops that think $20.00 or more is acceptable and there are many, dont get much of my cash unless its something I must have

Online purchases are another thing vs in store stock, I regularly pay $30.00 or so for online transfers, since the LGS is making nothing on the sale... again a fault of the laws us peasants have to obey , not the LGS

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRecon View Post
    I feel the $10 fee is OK, lets face it businesses are in business to turn a profit. So let's say the counter guy is making $15.00/hr -+, I've had PICS calls go from 2-3 minutes to as long as 15-20 its a crap shoot at best. The LGS owner can't have one of his guys or gals doing this and reviewing paperwork for free when they could be waiting on other customers or performing value added tasks to profit of the shop. It's the States and Fed Gov fault for this not the LGS owner who has to comply and turn a profit to stay afloat.

Some of the "boutique" and FUDD shops that think $20.00 or more is acceptable and there are many, dont get much of my cash unless its something I must have

Online purchases are another thing vs in store stock, I regularly pay $30.00 or so for online transfers, since the LGS is making nothing on the sale... again a fault of the laws us peasants have to obey , not the LGS

Sorry but you will make more money from me in the long run if you don't try and deceive me or assume I am ignorant of how out state PIC's works. Advanced Arms in Pittston which is an excellent shop had a section of their online web site warning people of less then honest shops who do this. While they may not have the lowest prices around they are honest and strait up with their customers and that is what goes a long way with me.

PickingPA Guest

I have no issue with the $10 fee. It’s a good shop. Used to be a small mom & pop type place, then they moved to a much bigger place (Old bowling alley). Great selection and an indoor range. Many times that I’m in there, the employees out number the customers by 3-5x. The place is clean, friendly and well staffed with knowledgeable people. They are not always the cheapest price around, but that’s ok.

Another LGS is a few miles away, small mom & pop kind of feel to it. I like that place too, but it’s not as close.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Sorry but you will make more money from me in the long run if you don't try and deceive me or assume I am ignorant of how out state PIC's works. Advanced Arms in Pittston which is an excellent shop had a section of their online web site warning people of less then honest shops who do this. While they may not have the lowest prices around they are honest and strait up with their customers and that is what goes a long way with me.
    Where is the deception ? That employee is being paid an hourly wage to make that phone call and review the forms mandated for the purchase ?

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRecon View Post
    Where is the deception ? That employee is being paid an hourly wage to make that phone call and review the forms mandated for the purchase ?
    No the fact that they say the background check fee is $10.00 vs the $5.00 it actually costs plus their $5.00 phone call or “processing” fee that they fail to mention is THEIR fee.

I guess buying guns and accessories locally in their shop vs online where they are much cheaper isn’t enough anymore for some vendors.

In the end the market works itself out and places like Tanners and Advanced Arms will still be standing with lines out the front door for a reason.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast