Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: PSA AK-V 9mm pistol is here!

I can't take I am going to the range at 12:00 noon,I just cracked a 500 round case and I am loading mags!
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Northampton County)

I am back from the range, bottom line is forget using any of your scorpian mags, The factory 35 rounder had flawless performance, The drum that I fit to gun came second on performance. The Manticore Arms mags and CZ factory mags both had feeding issues and just won't be worth your time when you can buy the 35 rounders from Palmetto for 19.95. Gun had excellent accuracy excellent feeding with the Palmetto mag . Did have two small problems 3 very light strikes in 140 rounds. Second problem is something that many of you would not consider to be a problem it had 4 instances of 2 shot and 3 shot burst fire ,pretty cool ,but not something that I could sell as a dealer. Maybe it's just a factory binary trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    I am back from the range, bottom line is forget using any of your scorpian mags, The factory 35 rounder had flawless performance, The drum that I fit to gun came second on performance. The Manticore Arms mags and CZ factory mags both had feeding issues and just won't be worth your time when you can buy the 35 rounders from Palmetto for 19.95. Gun had excellent accuracy excellent feeding with the Palmetto mag . Did have two small problems 3 very light strikes in 140 rounds. Second problem is something that many of you would not consider to be a problem it had 4 instances of 2 shot and 3 shot burst fire ,pretty cool ,but not something that I could sell as a dealer. Maybe it's just a factory binary trigger.
    Yeah slam fires are a HUGE problem both legally and safety. Did that happen with factory mags or the CZ, and are you going to contact PSA regarding that? New to the market so in today's day and age I guess we should expect some hiccups.

I still want one.

(Northampton County)

happened with 3 three different mag types

(Northampton County)

Quick update I called PSA on Monday to discuss the issues with the firearm and they said they would get me a RA # and a shipping Return shipping label. The firearm is now on the way back for repair on their dime not mine and that is how these things should be handled. I will post back when it returns and I take it for another round of shooting.

(Northampton County)

I sent the first one back Wed and this morning I have a email this morning saying another one shipped yesterday to me. Looks like they Charged my card as well, I will check with my card company on that. They may have just sent me a new one to replace the first one. If I do in fact end up with two them I won't care as long as they work properly. So when this arrives next week it's back to the range. My thinking on this is they most likely sent out immediate replacement guns to all that had problems. I will find out soon enough.

(Northampton County)

I just got off my Palmetto Account and I am not seeing that I ordered a second one, I thought I did not order two and my account shows that,this must be a replacement gun.,that's pretty fast service on a problem. I do want a second one ,but that will be the rail model.

There's a letter posted that they are no longer selling them till the problems are worked out and gen2 should be out in the fall. Several have had out of battery detonations etc

(Northampton County)

Well I got an email with a tracking number,this is getting interesting, I will have to wait till this package shows up and see what I actually get!

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    There's a letter posted that they are no longer selling them till the problems are worked out and gen2 should be out in the fall. Several have had out of battery detonations etc
    That sucks balls! I'm a bit surprised by PSA with this one I would have figured they would have applied what they learned from rushing their gen 1 AK's out to this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast