Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GLOCK 45/9MM

Smile GLOCK 45/9MM

Has anyone gotten any hands on info ? Personally got to shoot one and have to say the accuracy is much better than my Glock 19 2nd and 3rd gen and 4th gens . The trigger also is much improved as is grip,capacity etc. My 10 yard groupings are a very decent 2 inch,Yes 2 inch . I also have been shooting and owning glock since 1986 .I have one on order with the night sites at a very decent price of $ 549 ! Plus tax !

(Chester County)

Default Re: GLOCK 45/9MM

A lot of people on social media shit on it and say it should have a g17 slide and g19 grip. I disagree. My agency is going back to 9mm and if it were up to me, I’d go g45. The shorter barrel makes sitting in cars with duty holsters a little easier. I also like getting comfortable full size grips on my pistols. I think Glock hit a home run with it.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    A lot of people on social media shit on it and say it should have a g17 slide and g19 grip. I disagree. My agency is going back to 9mm and if it were up to me, I’d go g45. The shorter barrel makes sitting in cars with duty holsters a little easier. I also like getting comfortable full size grips on my pistols. I think Glock hit a home run with it.
    Most on social media seem only concerned about concealability which I don't think is high on the list for a uniformed LEO. Sitting in a patrol car getting jabbed by your sidearm and making an already stressful day less fun will earn a more comfortable pistol bonus points IMHO.

I have no particular affection for Glocks but I see a 45 in my future.

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    A lot of people on social media are ass hats who talk about guns and never actually buy or shoot them.

Not every hand gun is made with the intentions of hiding it inside of your pants and the fact that people can't get this shit thorough their thick empty skulls blows my mind. A good 50% of the "experts" are just Glock haters who shit on everything they release. Saw one Sig P320 fan boy trashing the 19X for being backwards and useless meanwhile Sig released the 320 in the same exact configuration a year earlier on the civilian/competition market.

Gotta love douche bags!

I have several Glocks, and while they all worked fine, I was never really a big fan until I bought a used 19x early this year, which is sort of like the G45. It's the first Glock in years that I actually like. The balance feels better. I can get my whole hand on the grip, unlike my 19. While the gen 5 trigger isn't what I'd call "crisp", it isn't as mushy as earlier Glocks. I had Vickers base plates on all my old G17 mags, so they fit the 19x fine. And........they finally got rid of those stupid generic finger grooves that are supposed to fit everybody, but manage not to fit anybody that I've ever talked to.

I would rather the 19x be black instead of baby turd brown, but that's not a big deal because the color has nothing to do with function & Glocks are big, fat, ugly things anyway. The night sights from the factory are OK, but I'll probably be changing them out for something that I actually like at some point.

I haven't gone completely insane. The Sig MK25 & M11A1 are still my regular edc guns, but the 19x actually shares the duty occasionally.
    Last edited by IronButt; December 15th, 2018 at 10:43 AM.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Mercer County)

I own several Glocks from 17, 22, 27,42 ......I only carry the G45 now. Perfectly balanced, max capacity and easy to conceal. Got the plastic sight version and changed them out with steel ones, I don't like night sights.

I have a Gen 4 G17 that I use for home defence and would be my go to gun in any type of SHTF situation. I have always been happy with it and don't have any real need to retire or replace it. I think if I were to get another Glock now it would be a standard gen 5 19 so I have the ability to IWB it with a bit more comfort especially in the form of appendix carry.

If I didn't have a G17 or find the need to replace it one day it would most like would be the G45.
    Last edited by Hodgie; December 16th, 2018 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Has anyone gotten any hands on info ? Personally got to shoot one and have to say the accuracy is much better than my Glock 19 2nd and 3rd gen and 4th gens . The trigger also is much improved as is grip,capacity etc. My 10 yard groupings are a very decent 2 inch,Yes 2 inch . I also have been shooting and owning glock since 1986 .I have one on order with the night sites at a very decent price of $ 549 ! Plus tax !
    My pick up date is Tuesday !

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    A lot of people on social media are ass hats who talk about guns and never actually buy or shoot them.

That is signature line worthy.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Quote Originally Posted by Berks_Iraq_Vet View Post
    I have one. Me likey. Alot,..........Just waiting for some Ameriglo Pro I-Dots (Orange) to so on sale to swap out stock sights.
    I was thinking of the Ameriglo from the factory but the night sight version came up first for me.When you do get them lets have a feedback on the ameriglo .TY/MDT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast