Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: came up in an email preemption

Donation sent. Shit I drive through at least 7 municipalities just driving to the range.

(Bucks County)

Donated... When they say December 14th, is this an "emergency session"? Does this go through judiciary? Then senate? What's the details of the process or bills?

(Bucks County)

It shows nothing on the calander until 1/22/2019...confused...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Donated... When they say December 14th, is this an "emergency session"? Does this go through judiciary? Then senate? What's the details of the process or bills?
    Tomorrow is when City of Pittsburgh is inveiling their illegal BS. Nothing at state level.

(Berks County)

I do not see how Pittsburgh or any other municipality can expect this to pass Commonwealth Constitutional muster. Sounds like much taxpayer monies will be wasted in court.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    I do not see how Pittsburgh or any other municipality can expect this to pass Commonwealth Constitutional muster. Sounds like much taxpayer monies will be wasted in court.
    Pittsburgh doesn't care and members of their city council have stated as such. They are going to pass whatever they want and chances are it will be unanimous. Such is the hubris that develops when a place is run by a single party for 100 years.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    I don't have any knowledge beyond what's been posted here, but I believe the situation is this (my uneducated non-lawyer opinion):

Pittsburgh is going to introduce a package of local gun control bills on the 14th that knowingly violate state preemption. This will require the issue to go to the courts. Right now the precedent is that state law overrides local (preemption), BUT if Pittsburgh wins in court it could invalidate state preemption. I don't know how likely this is, but our state SC is leftist, and the AG is leftist so it could get tricky for us.

In conjunction, at some point Dems in the state legislature are going to introduce a bill attacking preemption. I don;t know what the timetable for this is, seems like 2019 is their best bet right now.

Overall it looks like a multi-front attack on preemption is coming, and we need to get ahead of it.

(Bucks County)

Pittsburgh will be one of many, timed to stir the pot affecting the elections. All an organized plan formed by Bloomberg and Soros' many anti-gun orgs.

Non compliance is a must and a show of unity and strength is a must from every gun owner who isn't a Fudd in PA. I am sure many of us are going to have to make the long trip across the state at least once and a few to the capital. I have yet to do it at this point but am willing to do it if need be.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15_shooter View Post
    I don't have any knowledge beyond what's been posted here, but I believe the situation is this (my uneducated non-lawyer opinion):

Pittsburgh is going to introduce a package of local gun control bills on the 14th that knowingly violate state preemption. This will require the issue to go to the courts. Right now the precedent is that state law overrides local (preemption), BUT if Pittsburgh wins in court it could invalidate state preemption. I don't know how likely this is, but our state SC is leftist, and the AG is leftist so it could get tricky for us.

In conjunction, at some point Dems in the state legislature are going to introduce a bill attacking preemption. I don;t know what the timetable for this is, seems like 2019 is their best bet right now.

Overall it looks like a multi-front attack on preemption is coming, and we need to get ahead of it.
    So why will the politicians that vote in favor of these laws; not be charged and convicted of the state law that says if a politician knowingly votes in favor of an illegal law must pay a fine and do prison time ?
    Oh; I guess that is because the DA's and judges are just as corrupt as Pittsburgh's politicians.

Is it time yet ?
    --ET

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast