Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: What do you think happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Well I'll guess. You had an out of battery round go off. Check and clean and lube the disconnector.
    Yepper, out of battery discharge.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    Meaning what? Was it a gun malfunction or ammo related?
    I'm not a P-64 expert, so I wouldn't be 100% sure. I don't know how easy it is for one to fire out of battery. Most modern guns have safety measures to prevent that from happening. Did you clean it yet? If you were shooting steel, were they lacquered? Maybe the lacquered coating gummed up the chamber and caused it. That's speculation, but I would clean and inspect the chamber first thing. If it was firing and then suddenly had this issue, something caused a round to not seat fully in the chamber.

(Monroe County)

I'd say ammo. I've had armscor 9mm blow a lot of shit out. Once I did the wolf spring mod I love my 64. And never had issues.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Yepper, out of battery discharge.

I'm not a P-64 expert, so I wouldn't be 100% sure. I don't know how easy it is for one to fire out of battery. Most modern guns have safety measures to prevent that from happening. Did you clean it yet? If you were shooting steel, were they lacquered? Maybe the lacquered coating gummed up the chamber and caused it. That's speculation, but I would clean and inspect the chamber first thing. If it was firing and then suddenly had this issue, something caused a round to not seat fully in the chamber.
    Making sense now. The Raussian ammo was indeed lacquered. Even before the mishap, the round would not sit well, meaning the slide would not go all the way forward. Needed an extra push on the first round. May be it fired with the breach half open. I have to learn how to take the gun apart.

P-64 Trigger is about 40 lbs ? For this reason alone I never bought one. The Polish guys have fingers to fat to fit in the trigger guard anyway . Should see the size of my sauage fingers too !

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    Making sense now. The Raussian ammo was indeed lacquered. Even before the mishap, the round would not sit well, meaning the slide would not go all the way forward. Needed an extra push on the first round. May be it fired with the breach half open. I have to learn how to take the gun apart.
    Right. Now the reason for checking out the disconnector is thats its job, well 1 function. It prevents out of battery firing and hammer following. (Machine gun). So check there are no burrs, bent, crud, spring, etc. Also check how far out of battery before trigger is disconnected. I own one and found out the importance of cleaning the old lube / preservative out and cleaning up burrs. It should run good after that. Heavy trigger pull but accurate and reliable.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12