Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: the sheepdog project LLC wants mandatory firearms training in Pa

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Altra Firearms this past fall extensively redid their outdoor shooting range, and now I know why. They not only want to sell guns, ammo, and accessories, they want to turn firearms training into a profit center as well.

There's a lot of wannabee "operators" there, and among the "camp followers" who hang out. I was there this past spring and a group of guys were taking a "course" on the outdoor range. I walked up and watched for a while from far behind the firing line, and the next time the Instructor/RO called a cease fire and started to lecture, he stopped and called to me asking what I was doing. I said, "Watching." He told me it was a closed course and I couldn't watch. I waved both arms around and asked, "How would one know; there is no signage to that regard?" The Instructor/RO asked if I was some kind of wiseass. I said, "No, not at all. I'm asking a legitimate question, because other store customers like me may be curious and walk up upon their closed course, and not stop this far back. Besides, I might want to take one of your courses." He then told me to leave because I didn't have ear protection. I turned my head both ways, showing the fluorescent orange earplugs I had installed as I left the car. So he says, "Look, if you're going to be difficult, we have Law Enforcement here and they can deal with you the hard way." I turned around, lifting my arms above my head as I walked away and entered the underground bunker store. I asked to speak to the CO or OIC, and told the guy what happened. He apologized and said he'd speak to the Instructor/RO. I told the guy I came to check out the used firearms but this experience did not leave me in a positive frame of mind, and turned and walked out.

I've bought a few guns there and some accessories but I'm done there after this.

Noah
    You're always such a troublemaker.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    You're always such a troublemaker.
    I read too many Jack Reacher novels by Lee Child.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Someone in that Facebook string claims to know the owner of Altra, Paul I believe was his name and said there is no way he would support or stand for this and they were going to advise them 1st thing today. They came back a little while ago and stated Paul has been made aware and he will be personally dealing with this one.

Not sure what that means or if anything will truly be done but it does add an element of drama to this fun tale. Gun shops have a hard enough time staying in business and turning a profit these days due to the political climate, state and local hoops and the internet sales and it appears they enjoy making it harder on themselves buy heading down the path of tactical know it all morons more and more. When will the owners learn to curb their own as well as their employees mouths when it comes to politics and personal opinion?

If your going to be in this business then you need to be 100% behind the 2A at all times when conducting that business. Play politics and draw lines in the sand and your going to find yourself on the unemployment lines.

(Allegheny County)

Sounds like the same type of person who fully supports gun buy backs as a means of making the public "safer".

Sounds like he doesn't have a grasp of the second amendment.

Sounds like an asshole.

(Lebanon County)

Altra Firearms this past fall extensively redid their outdoor shooting range, and now I know why. They not only want to sell guns, ammo, and accessories, they want to turn firearms training into a profit center as well.

There's a lot of wannabee "operators" there, and among the "camp followers" who hang out. I was there this past spring and a group of guys were taking a "course" on the outdoor range. I walked up and watched for a while from far behind the firing line, and the next time the Instructor/RO called a cease fire and started to lecture, he stopped and called to me asking what I was doing. I said, "Watching." He told me it was a closed course and I couldn't watch. I waved both arms around and asked, "How would one know; there is no signage to that regard?" The Instructor/RO asked if I was some kind of wiseass. I said, "No, not at all. I'm asking a legitimate question, because other store customers like me may be curious and walk up upon their closed course, and not stop this far back. Besides, I might want to take one of your courses." He then told me to leave because I didn't have ear protection. I turned my head both ways, showing the fluorescent orange earplugs I had installed as I left the car. So he says, "Look, if you're going to be difficult, we have Law Enforcement here and they can deal with you the hard way." I turned around, lifting my arms above my head as I walked away and entered the underground bunker store. I asked to speak to the CO or OIC, and told the guy what happened. He apologized and said he'd speak to the Instructor/RO. I told the guy I came to check out the used firearms but this experience did not leave me in a positive frame of mind, and turned and walked out.

I've bought a few guns there and some accessories but I'm done there after this.

Noah
    Sounds like the guy just wanted to show that he was in charge and posture to his students. People like that tend to not do well when challenged - as evidenced by this event.

I would hope that the manager would follow the proper channels and address it with the business owner. Things like this can really hurt a bottom line. Especially if you've been there before and are known to be a buyer. However more often then not the manager will take the "buddy" road and just talk to the "instructor" with no real issues being resolved.

(Berks County)

I read too many Jack Reacher novels by Lee Child.

Noah
    Is that the guy from 3s company?
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Is that the guy from 3s company?
    No, he's from the 110th MP.

https://history.army.mil/html/forces...p/0110mpco.htm

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Noah

That's sad, I liked Altra. However, this guy appears to be independent of Altra, and on that Facebook thread, someone claims to know the Altra owners and he assures me that Altra will distance themselves from this asshat. If they do, I'll be good. If not, I'm done as well.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Someone in that Facebook string claims to know the owner of Altra, Paul I believe was his name and said there is no way he would support or stand for this and they were going to advise them 1st thing today. They came back a little while ago and stated Paul has been made aware and he will be personally dealing with this one.

Not sure what that means or if anything will truly be done but it does add an element of drama to this fun tale. Gun shops have a hard enough time staying in business and turning a profit these days due to the political climate, state and local hoops and the internet sales and it appears they enjoy making it harder on themselves buy heading down the path of tactical know it all morons more and more. When will the owners learn to curb their own as well as their employees mouths when it comes to politics and personal opinion?

If your going to be in this business then you need to be 100% behind the 2A at all times when conducting that business. Play politics and draw lines in the sand and your going to find yourself on the unemployment lines.

Ah this is what I was talking about in the post above.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    That's sad, I liked Altra. However, this guy appears to be independent of Altra, and on that Facebook thread, someone claims to know the Altra owners and he assures me that Altra will distance themselves from this asshat. If they do, I'll be good. If not, I'm done as well.
    Yeah I guess we will know if something was truly done if Altra makes a public statement on their page which I am not on.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast