Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Glock 19 slide milled in or near ne Philadelphia?

I am looking to get my go gen 4 slide milled for my vortex venom that I just recently purchased. It's been sitting in the box since it came on the mail and I'm starting to get annoyed because everywhere I've called, the wait times are absolutely ridiculous. Is there anyone that has the machinery that can get the job done? I went and bought the strike industries g.u.m adapter and it's just making my red dot sitting to high so I need to get my slide milled correctly. I don't mind traveling if it's in reason or if my slide can be cut the same day I'll drive wherever. If anyone can help please message me or text me at 215-990-7627 name is Jay thanks everyone

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Glock 19 slide milled in or near ne Philadelphia?

I just got my tax stamp to SBR my Thompson and have been recommended to EZ Accuracy in Warminster three times...a local gun shop, my range and my next door neighbor. I stopped there today and the folks are very helpful and nice. If I recall correctly from their site and/or Facebook page they do machine work.

Don't be in such a rush to get it done...there is a reason why turn around times are long...why rush something that is going to remove material from your pistol?

I personally would send it out as I wouldn't trust any local bubba smith to do the work...I've seen some messed up slides. I wouldn't consider 3-4 weeks unreasonable, but that's just me. If you want one that badly, just buy a slide for a Vortex footprint as MidwayUSA sells Swenson.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/90...steel-melonite

It will cost you a little more, but you won't have to wait seeing how you seem impatient.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    Don't be in such a rush to get it done...there is a reason why turn around times are long...why rush something that is going to remove material from your pistol?

I personally would send it out as I wouldn't trust any local bubba smith to do the work...I've seen some messed up slides. I wouldn't consider 3-4 weeks unreasonable, but that's just me. If you want one that badly, just buy a slide for a Vortex footprint as MidwayUSA sells Swenson.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/90...steel-melonite

It will cost you a little more, but you won't have to wait seeing how you seem impatient.
    That’s what I was going to suggest. $175 how are you getting good machine work for less?
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man