Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig p365 review

Default Re: Sig p365 review

Quote Originally Posted by Zeros View Post
    I like my P365, but even with the 12 round magazines, the grip was just a bit too small for me, as my pinkie finger would hang off the bottom. Therefore, it is for sale in the classifieds now if anyone is looking to pick one of these up, hint hint!
    I don’t know, it says you are from Glen Mills, I hear you can’t trust people from that area

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I picked up my Sig on Thursday and got it out to the range today. I have been thinking about buying this gun for a while as seen in this thread here and appreciate the feedback people gave me as I was making my decision.

I really wanted to like this gun......... and I did, it lived up to all my expectations. After today it is my new carry gun with no reservations what so ever.

I put about 200 rounds through it today. About 1/2 at 8 yards and 1/2 at 15 yards. I shot a combination of fMJ, Hollowpoints, and Federal Premium self defense ammo. I did about half with a 12 round magazine and 1/2 with a 10 round magazine. I practiced with both my right and left hand. I did not have a single problem, flaw or hiccup. It ran like a champ.

Pluses:
    1. Fit my hand well.
    2. Nice heft/weight on the gun. Recoil was very manageable and no worse (possibly better than) than other 9mm single stacks I’ve owned (Shield, LC9S, Springfield Xd, P938)
    3. I liked the trigger
    4. Very small and concealable
    5. 10 plus one or 12 plus 1
    6. Once I got the sight picture down, I shot it very accurately (at least accurate for me)
    7. Easy to break down and clean
    8. Ate everything I put in it and ran like a champ
    9. Was honestly fun to shoot

Minuses.....
    Frame had a strange mark on it which I discussed in this thread. (Again, thanks to all who gave feedback) But that’s it...... there was literally nothing I disliked about the gun today and had a ball shooting it. Nothing like getting to the club and no one is on the range you want to use..... and then the new gun is just plain fun to shoot.

The born on date for my gun was November 24th. Hopefully they’ve got the bugs worked out. I hope that no problems pop up in the future and that others who decide to buy one have the same experience I did.
    Did it consistently lock back after the last round was fired?

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike View Post
    Honestly not something that I noticed or thought about so it probably did. I will be going out to the range next Sunday. I will let you know.

(Delaware County)

I don’t know, it says you are from Glen Mills, I hear you can’t trust people from that area
    This is true...

(Montgomery County)

I like my P365, but even with the 12 round magazines, the grip was just a bit too small for me, as my pinkie finger would hang off the bottom. Therefore, it is for sale in the classifieds now if anyone is looking to pick one of these up, hint hint!
    I had made a serious offer..

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike View Post
    Have it at the range today. Yes it does.

(Chester County)

http://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/SIG/PG-365

Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Chester County)

Paul Harrells review.

30 minutes long. Basically, he has concerns if you use it as a pocket pistol without a holster, other than that it’s outstanding.

Some pretty cool information in the review.

I watch all of Paul's videos and he's right about pocket pistols. The 365 is not a pocket pistol just as my Nano isn't a pocket pistol and they both require a proper holster in order to carry them. As I posted above the compact 9's usually need some type of extension for them to gripped properly. I got the Pearce Grips extender for my 6 round Nano magazine for carry and keep the 8 round extended mags from Beretta as my back ups.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I watch all of Paul's videos and he's right about pocket pistols. The 365 is not a pocket pistol just as my Nano isn't a pocket pistol and they both require a proper holster in order to carry them. As I posted above the compact 9's usually need some type of extension for them to gripped properly. I got the Pearce Grips extender for my 6 round Nano magazine for carry and keep the 8 round extended mags from Beretta as my back ups.
    Agreed, I personally don’t feel comfortable carrying any gun in my pocket without a holster. The only gun I have that I would consider as a pocket carry is my .380 bodyguard, and I keep that in a wallet holster when in my pocket.
    Last edited by internet troll; April 28th, 2019 at 05:52 PM.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Agreed, I personally don’t feel comfortable carrying any gun in my pocket without a holster. The only gun I have that I would consider as a pocket holster is my .380 bodyguard, and I keep that in a wallet holster when in my pocket.
    I pocket carry my P365 with the 10-rd mag and a Desantis pocket holster, no problem. That's why I bought it, to replace my Kahr CM9 for pocket carry.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast