Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    3,771
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Delco tax assessment

    Board up your house until the assessment is over.
    Where's Hunter?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania
    (Schuylkill County)
    Posts
    1,452
    Rep Power
    20362295

    Default Re: Delco tax assessment

    Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    When I was a kid there was a cartoon (bugs bunny or daffy duck cant remember) the tax man was coming to visit.
    The cartoon character pushed a button and all the walls turned around and the other side was all beat up, torn wallpaper etc..
    I could never understand that until I got older. I told my kids and they were dumbfounded.

    Yes, wait til the commie bastards show up, and dont get any permits because if you do, they now know what you did
    to improve your way of life, and they'll adjust your taxes
    (possibly).
    That is the entire purpose of the municipal permit system. Sure, they collect a fee (tax) upfront, and do some inspections to make sure work is done to code, but the real reason is to make you self-declare the increase in value of your home, so when reassessment occurs, no actual appraisal is required. You have already told them how much more they can tax you. I never got a single permit for renovating my entire home (over a 15 yer period).
    Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? - J.R.R. Tolkien

    http://www.compassion.com/ See how God loves children

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    next to my neighbor, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    9,916
    Rep Power
    21474858

    Default Re: Delco tax assessment

    Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    I never got a single permit for renovating my entire home (over a 15 yer period).
    Cant blame you one bit. I just paid haverford twp 80.00 for a permit to replace 1 sidewalk block.
    Anymore its almost impossible to get away with not getting permits when you are a contractor.
    When I buy my own home, I will not be getting permits when I do work on the home.
    A friend of mine spent 15k on a permit to do landscape work, did it need inspection? Hell no!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    carbon cty, Pennsylvania
    (Carbon County)
    Posts
    1,627
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Delco tax assessment

    Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    That is the entire purpose of the municipal permit system. Sure, they collect a fee (tax) upfront, and do some inspections to make sure work is done to code, but the real reason is to make you self-declare the increase in value of your home, so when reassessment occurs, no actual appraisal is required. You have already told them how much more they can tax you. I never got a single permit for renovating my entire home (over a 15 yer period).
    when i built my first home and got the permt nobody came out because we had no codes at the time.

    the permit was soley for tax assesment purposes
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ........... United States v. Cruikshank

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    3,771
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Delco tax assessment

    Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Cant blame you one bit. I just paid haverford twp 80.00 for a permit to replace 1 sidewalk block.
    Anymore its almost impossible to get away with not getting permits when you are a contractor.
    When I buy my own home, I will not be getting permits when I do work on the home.
    A friend of mine spent 15k on a permit to do landscape work, did it need inspection? Hell no!
    15K for a permit???? Aye carumba!
    Where's Hunter?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    next to my neighbor, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    9,916
    Rep Power
    21474858

    Default Re: Delco tax assessment

    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    15K for a permit???? Aye carumba!
    They charge a % of the cost of the job. The job was 500k
    So, it cost the homeowner 15k just to have the twp say its ok to do some landscape work.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania
    (Schuylkill County)
    Posts
    1,452
    Rep Power
    20362295

    Default Re: Delco tax assessment

    Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    They charge a % of the cost of the job. The job was 500k
    So, it cost the homeowner 15k just to have the twp say its ok to do some landscape work.
    And that is why it is a tax, not a fee. The charge increases with the increased cost of the work involved. Even if there were one or two inspections, 15k is robbery; also, there should be a corresponding benefit to the person and the community when things are taxed, but there is zero benefit to having landscaping work taxed.
    Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? - J.R.R. Tolkien

    http://www.compassion.com/ See how God loves children

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    next to my neighbor, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    9,916
    Rep Power
    21474858

    Default Re: Delco tax assessment

    I waas talking with a friend tonight about or upper darby taxes.
    His friend is retiring but has to move because he cant afford the taxes on his home,
    in drexel hill (across from chickies and petes). $1500.00 a month.
    I cant understand why we dont have multiple threads on this topic
    While we're to focused on "gun rights" the same people we're fighting,
    are shoving it up our ass's via our wallets.. Are we that distracted?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 13th, 2014, 05:43 PM
  2. Assessment office questionnaire
    By s.vermeire in forum General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: August 4th, 2008, 06:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops