Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Wilkinsburg Gun Buy Back

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I bet Scruff wouldn't be given the luxury of rescheduling if he had to have surgery.

Please. Lawyers here get continuances all of the time. I love when they wait for the ready cases and if the officer is present, the lawyer conveniently comes up with a continuance. And at the next listing also. And then the third one. But as soon as the officer is off sick, mandatory training or vacation, the defense lawyer asks for the case to be thrown out. They all know how to play the game.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    shall we take to the streets in protest..
    Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    I think we should get 15-20 of us to set up across the street from the next one.

I’ll see if I can get a group in Rittenhouse Square. For solidarity and all.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    I'm surprised the DA hasn't dumped this one already.
    Isn't that telling, in and of itself?

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Don’t know how it is out there, but here if one is off IOD or personal sick leave and getting surgery, you are not coming back until cleared by the city doctor. With surgery, that usually takes months, so no one is coming in for one day to testify.

I feel for Scruff, but this court continuance isn’t some big conspiracy against him either.
    One has the to ask the question, if it isn't enough for the cop to come back for one day then why was it necessary to pursue the matter to start with?
    NOBODY NEEDS ASSAULT SPEECH

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    One has the to ask the question, if it isn't enough for the cop to come back for one day then why was it necessary to pursue the matter to start with?
    Apples and oranges. While I think the charges were lodged to make a point, there is a process to throw out bogus charges.

There are many minor charges from citations for littering to MVC Violations for not using a turn signal. You just can’t say “well these don’t really matter, so we are tossing all charges”.

Unfortunately for Scruff this is getting drawn out.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Apples and oranges. While I think the charges were lodged to make a point, there is a process to throw out bogus charges.

There are many minor charges from citations for littering to MVC Violations for not using a turn signal. You just can’t say “well these don’t really matter, so we are tossing all charges”.

Unfortunately for Scruff this is getting drawn out.
    I'm not sweating it. This seems to be a routine delay that has nothing to do with me personally, and I'm getting the impression from my attorney that we'd just be stirring the pot and risk pissing off the DA if we try to go outside of the normal process.

I just had an interesting thought. What if I actually attempted to apply for a vendor license? I wonder what would happen.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    Isn't that telling, in and of itself?
    It depends. If the defense attorney and DA have met, then it's being pushed by the mayor/chief and he'll likely prosecute it to keep the peace.

If they haven't met, then it may just be as simple as that.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I just had an interesting thought. What if I actually attempted to apply for a vendor license? I wonder what would happen.
    Then the ATF could come after you for being in the business of firearms without an FFL.
    NOBODY NEEDS ASSAULT SPEECH

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Then the ATF could come after you for being in the business of firearms without an FFL.
    Apply for ‘purchasing only, private use’.

While there applying, FOIA the license the local police should have applied for when they did their gun buyback. I can guarantee there is no police exception in their municipal code! Then call the DA and ask that the same charges be filed against the police chief and mayor for orchestrating their illlegal buy back.

While you’re at it, call the state and see if they paid sales tax on those purchases! I’m sure they are reporting w-2’s for all those gift cards too, right?
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    In the counties I've worked in, summary appeals aren't scheduled every month. So that's likely the reason for the longer delay. As to nefarious government actions, this is a nothing case. No one gives a crap about summary arrests or appeals except for those hit with the summary. Usually the appeals are cleaned up before the trial. The DA knows the law and knows the judge knows the law. They usually proceed when someone doesn't accept a reduced fine costs and wants their "day in court" and it usually doesn't work out so well. I'm surprised the DA hasn't dumped this one already.
    Again, in my opinion, this is not a nothing case.
    A Liberal Democrat political appointee was publicly embarrassed while performing a Liberal Democrat pet project of voluntary gun confiscation.
    This thing made the news, it has risen beyond what it actually is.
    I think they will do whatever they think they can get away with.
    The process allows for all kinds of underhanded nonsense.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536