Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Gallerygun4u - beware

Beware... attempting to pay for firearm via paypal friends and family with a shady backstory

Default Re: Gallerygun4u - beware

With a shady backstory? HOW DARE YOU TARNISH MY NAME BECAUSE OF YOUR OWN IGNORANCE. I asked Bugout here if he would accept Paypal as payment for his S&W Governor that he had posted for sale. I told him that I would pay him VIA Freinds and Family, in front of him, before any transfer was made so that he knew he had the funds. ANYONE familiar with Paypal knows that a Friends and Family transfer has no fees, and a Paypal Case CANNOT be opened up against the seller, meaning that once Bugout recieved his funds (Instantly) that it was secure in Paypal, and there was no way for me open a case against after we did the transfer. He told me that he would need to see the funds actually cleared in his bank account, which takes 2 days. He is correct, it can take up to 2 days, if you don't have the auto transfer feature, or the Paypal instant card. He also brought up that he didn't see any feedback on here for me, honestly as much as i should i don't really follow the feedback setup on here, and I'm hoping that one of the 60+ plus people on here I have sold to will speak up, many of you I have actually allowed to pay me Via Paypal. I did explain to him that I wanted to pay using Paypal because this month I have transffered my max allowance to my bank account that Paypal will allow (10K, because I am currently helping a friend liquidate an airplane collection). THERE WAS ABSOLOUTELY NOTHING SHADY ABOUT THIS WHATSOEVER IF YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH PAYPAL!!! ALL Bugout had to say was that he wasn't comfortable with it and that would have been fine, but he expected me to wait 3 days for funds to go into his bank account, WITH NO GUARANTEE HE WOULD SHOW UP TO DO THE TRANSFER OR GIVE ME THE GUN?! ARE YOU INSANE?!!? And Im the scammer!?
    "If you can dream it, you can do it." -Walt Disney

NOT GUILTY!

(Philadelphia County)

"I have transffered my max allowance to my bank account that Paypal will allow ($10K, because I am currently helping a friend liquidate an airplane collection..."
    combined with not allowing me to confirm that paypal funds are successfully transferred or at least doing a paypal deposit trial transfer prior to giving you my firearm when you have zero feedback on here
    - despite the "60+ plus people on here [you] have sold to..."

if you all dont think that sounds odd to say to a forum member who does have all positive feedback and plenty of it, I dont know what to say. then I guess I am the one who is wrong.

and the outrage all caps rant is a little over the top... again reread what both you and I have written, I dont think I have tarnished anything, I flagged something suspicious.

who would go along with this, really?
    Last edited by bugout; December 7th, 2018 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bugout View Post
    "I have transffered my max allowance to my bank account that Paypal will allow ($10K, because I am currently helping a friend liquidate an airplane collection..."
    combined with not allowing me to confirm that paypal funds are successfully transferred or at least doing a paypal deposit trial transfer prior to giving you my firearm when you have zero feedback on here
    - despite the "60+ plus people on here [you] have sold to..."

if you all dont think that sounds odd to say to a forum member who does have all positive feedback and plenty of it, I dont know what to say. then I guess I am the one who is wrong.

and the outrage all caps rant is a little over the top... again reread what both you and I have written, I dont think I have tarnished anything, I flagged something suspicious.

who would go along with this, really?
    Who would go along with this? Anyone that was actually familiar with Paypal, and if you werent familiar with Paypal then you should have said so, that was all.

Not to mention I've also been on the page since 2012, little late to start scamming eh? A little research would have showed that.

Maybe I'm missing something here but it sounds like no big deal here. Either you use PayPal or not and the fact the buyer was going to use the "friends and family" option gives the seller even more protection since he can not turn around and contest the payment and if he did he would loose his account for trying to buy a gun through it anyway.

Seems like going to a mod would have been better then dealing with it in the open especially when absolutely nothing was exchanged or lost.

(Lancaster County)

Over all, this sounds more like a misunderstanding than anything else. It doesn't sound like a scam was in the works. Please take it to PM and settle it. If you like, I'll remove this thread. Please don't let egos get in the way of doing the right thing.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

I wasnt mad or upset that he isn't familiar with Paypal, I was upset that he decided to bring it here, when I have always had great experiences both buying and selling on here, without issue, there was no reason to put my name and scam in the same sentence all because he's not familiar with the form of payment he told me I could use. No hard feelings, no big deal, no harm done, and Ill look else-ware.

(Philadelphia County)

You can remove it if you see fit, I have no authority to say otherwise.

I never put his name and scam in the same sentence, all I said was the backstory seemed shady to me and that I wanted payment transferred out of electronic currency and physically in hand prior to releasing the firearm - that has nothing to do with not understanding paypal, that is my personal perrogative and I stated that upfront. Once I said that suddenly the deal didnt work, which made no sense and triggered suspicion - which I stand by.

With no feedback on a profile dating back to 2012 and claiming over 60+ transactions I still feel my reaction was completely justified to simply say "beware" and "backstory sounds shady"... you brought the term 'scam' into this not me.

Delete thread or not i dont give a shite.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast