Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Default Re: NJ Mag Ban Upheld................Dec. 10th.

(Chester County)

How can a supposedly "free society" make people criminals overnight for not doing anything but buying a legal product. This is absolute insanity. The people of NJ have largely been brainwashed akin to 1930's Nazi Germany. It is a testament to how gullible human beings can be when you lie to them for decades, or generations.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    How can a supposedly "free society" make people criminals overnight for not doing anything but buying a legal product. This is absolute insanity. The people of NJ have largely been brainwashed akin to 1930's Nazi Germany. It is a testament to how gullible human beings can be when you lie to them for decades, or generations.
    I'm pretty sure Hugo Boss designed the NJSP uniforms as well.

(Bucks County)

How can a supposedly "free society" make people criminals overnight......
    Government corruption. Legislators need each other to achieve the numbers required to pass a bill. It becomes an "I'll vote with you for this if you'll help me on that".
    So stupid law sometimes gets passed.

Make it very difficult to impossible to possess a handgun in a practical manner and, over time, you'll have a generation of voters who know little to nothing about guns other than school-taught never touch one. Propose a gun law purported to make society...particularly children....."safer", and anyone opposed will be viewed as an undesirable. Then you can increase the violations of the 2nd amendment.

It reaches the point where even attorneys express fear and advise to not take a second amendment case before SCOTUS, concerned that a negative outcome will kill all hope. Seems to me, being afraid of SCOTUS is evidence that all hope is already gone.

(Carbon County)

Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Government corruption. Legislators need each other to achieve the numbers required to pass a bill. It becomes an "I'll vote with you for this if you'll help me on that".
    So stupid law sometimes gets passed.

Make it very difficult to impossible to possess a handgun in a practical manner and, over time, you'll have a generation of voters who know little to nothing about guns other than school-taught never touch one. Propose a gun law purported to make society...particularly children....."safer", and anyone opposed will be viewed as an undesirable. Then you can increase the violations of the 2nd amendment.

It reaches the point where even attorneys express fear and advise to not take a second amendment case before SCOTUS, concerned that a negative outcome will kill all hope. Seems to me, being afraid of SCOTUS is evidence that all hope is already gone.
    Yup, thats the name of the long game the democrats are playing, and ague-ably winning nationwide.

Couple generations of kids with no desire for guns etc, or what the history of the 2A is, and a ban is easy.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by lts1ow View Post
    Yup, thats the name of the long game the democrats are playing, and ague-ably winning nationwide.

Couple generations of kids with no desire for guns etc, or what the history of the 2A is, and a ban is easy.
    Infringement on legal firearm ownership, and carry is protected by the FEDERAL Constitution in which all the states agreed to uphold once they became states. Yet the courts continue to either not hear cases or rule that the states, and cities can legally infringe upon our rights. This is tyranny folks. You don't see them doing that to the 1A/Free Speech and getting away with it/ Why?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    Infringement on legal firearm ownership, and carry is protected by the FEDERAL Constitution in which all the states agreed to uphold once they became states. Yet the courts continue to either not hear cases or rule that the states, and cities can legally infringe upon our rights. This is tyranny folks. You don't see them doing that to the 1A/Free Speech and getting away with it/ Why?
    This may be a shocker to someone on a 2A forum, but a large part of the population does not care about firearms nor do they want to. Banning something they have no connection to, or knowledge of is no issue to them.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by lts1ow View Post
    This may be a shocker to someone on a 2A forum, but a large part of the population does not care about firearms nor do they want to. Banning something they have no connection to, or knowledge of is no issue to them.
    How about we equate our Constitutionally protected activity to one they care about, then ask if they're OK with infringements on that. When they say "Oh, that's not the same thing", present this query:

Do we agree that both activities are protected - yes or no? If no - a different argument is necessary, involving a detailed study of the original language and meanings. If yes - do you believe that a government bent on violating the Constitution in one place is never going to violate it anywhere else? If yes - avoid the sun, snowflake, until you get a clue. If no - what are you going to do to stop them from violating *your* favorite part of the Constitution, keeping in mind that you've already voluntarily given up the thing the framers gave us to stop them?

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by TangoBravo605 View Post
    Hmmm, any speculation as to the transport through NJ of noncompliant mags legally owned by folks in PA under FOPA, assuming said mags are compliant in the arriving state? Eg., I am legal in PA for normal cap mags and also because of my MA all-lawful purposes Class A, unrestricted as to mag capacity, permit in MA, I don't see anywhere in the law that it is illegal for me to transport them to MA. I know... since when has the law ever meant anything except to muck over the "law-abiding." TB605
    Federal Transportation of Firearms only applies to Firearms.. state/local laws can legally control ammunition and magazine limits.. ie.. take hollow points into NJ.. or 11+ round magazines into several states.. not good for your background check status!!

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Evan Nappen recently stated on his Facebook page that if you own a Glock, Sig or any other registered pistol that has a +10 round capacity....expect LE Contact.
    By what means is he referring to...........wow.
    I can SO see NJ using their FOID and registry to see who owns firearms normally known to come with 11+ round magazines.. then go knocking
    Look what happened in California with their Assault Rifle registry that oddly took your information but crashed before registration was complete.. then after the deadline "Knock Knock"

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    second off... the state police won't be going door-to-door based on pistol permits used.
    third off... fuck this law.
    Second off ? very Naive if you ask me
    Third off .. 100 % agree
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast