Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    (Indiana County)

Default Re: NJ Mag Ban Upheld................Dec. 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    They're considered "firearms" by NJ law and require a foid card to purchase.
    Yes, for some stupid reason in New Jersey one is required to have an FOID to purchase a BB gun, but New Jersey law does not apply to legal purchases made in Pennsylvania.

If someone from out-of-state comes to purchase a BB gun or a 100-round magazine, that's between them and their home state. As far as Pennsylvania is concerned, it's simply a customer making a legal purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Now ya done it!

Now NJ is gonna demand PA restrict mags!

And it'll all be YOUR FAULT!
    No, the Moms Demander types were already blaming NJ's crime problems on Pennsylvania's weak gun laws. That was back in 2012. They will just shriek louder about it.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Yes, for some stupid reason in New Jersey one is required to have an FOID to purchase a BB gun, but New Jersey law does not apply to legal purchases made in Pennsylvania.

If someone from out-of-state comes to purchase a BB gun or a 100-round magazine, that's between them and their home state. As far as Pennsylvania is concerned, it's simply a customer making a legal purchase.
    All of the big box stores close to the border will card you. If you have a NJ license they will not sell it to you.

Years ago a NJ friend of mine asked where to get his BB gun repaired. I told him just to buy a new one. Thats when he told me about the BS NJ law and said he tried to buy one at a few stores in Del and Pa. None would sell to him.

Later that year he went to North Carolina for vacation and went to a box store there. He asked the clerk what you needed to purchase a BB gun. The clerk gave him a puzzled look and said "50 bucks".

(Chester County)

If you didn't know states like NJ were already absolutely NUTS, this is another indicator. I knew this, but every time I am reminded, it just reinforces how effed up is the state of NJ. How could someone in their right mind consider a Red Ryder BB gun a "firearm". Where is the "fire" part? D bags!

(Berks County)

It looks like I got lucky and just got my last round of mags out of the garbage state right at the last minute.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

"Someones" father that I know bought all his BB guns in PA back in the 1970's-80's.

He did have a FID card, but wanted unregistered ghost air guns.

(Bucks County)

Don't forget about the guy who had a table at the Cowtown flea market and was selling BB guns . They sent in a SWAT team and arrested him. He was facing multiple felonies for selling illegal firearms and could have got decades in prison.

Hopefully after the news stories died down they just fined him and dropped the charges. If not he will be in jail for a long time with their mandatory sentences.

(Bucks County)

I had read that North Carolina is pretty tough on purchasing BB guns. Maybe the writer got it wrong. Maybe I got it wrong.

I'm not sure what drives such legislation....realistic-looking guns employed in holdups, or the rare occurrence of a BB getting into an artery and migrating, or an eye out. Sometimes it's a politician with the power over something s/he experienced on a personal basis.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    I was surprised to read/learn that North Carolina is pretty tough on purchasing BB guns. I'm not sure what drives such legislation....realistic-looking guns employed in holdups, or the rare occurrence of a BB getting into an artery and migrating, or an eye out. Sometimes it's a politician with the power over something s/he experienced on a personal basis.
    I think it was a fair trade for being able to run over the antifa road blockades.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

I got it wrong. The law addresses minors under 18. Other than that, no law:

North Carolina prohibits any person from causing, encouraging, or aiding a minor who is less than 18 years old to possess or carry, whether openly or concealed, any BB gun, stun gun, air rifle, or air pistol. North Carolina has no other law regulating non-powder guns.

What a shame. Historically, kids start out on BB guns at far younger age. That's what I had in mind. I think this is a draconian violation of parental rights.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast